PDA

View Full Version : More diesel

Daan
08-02-2003, 12:03
Can someone tell me with witch screw on the diesel injection pump of the 6.2l I can increase or decrease the amount of diesel that is injected?

Thanks

Daan, netherlands

Eric Deslauriers
08-02-2003, 22:40
Daan,

Don't know how reliable this info is, but I culled it from one of the manuals I have laying around.

NOTE: Exhaust gas temperature must not exceed 1100

rumbler1
08-03-2003, 07:59
Daan the screw you need to turn is internal, inside the pump. To get to it you can take the three screws out that hold the pump cover in place, then remove the cover. Be careful not to damage the pump gasket, it is a thin O-ring material. Remove the fuel in the pump, a turkey baster will work well for this. At the rear of the pump there is a screw that runs lengthwise through the governor spring assembly, that large spring you will see when you have the cover off. Loosen that screw and pull it out enough to romove the governor spring assembly. Take a good look at how the governor assebly is put together so you can be sure to put it back properly. When the governor sping is out, you will see the edge of a polished disc toward the rear of the pump, underneath the governor sping's location. Have someone else turn the engine over MANUALLY while you watch the disc rotate. At some point you will see a small allen scew appear in the disc. That is the adjustment screw you are looking for. If you have installed a turbo on the engine you should be able to turn it clockwise about 1/4 turn to boost fuel delivery. Without the addition of a turbo I personally wouldn't turn it up at all, because it will deliver too much fuel without getting enough air to burn it.
There have been a lot of other posts regarding this on the site, so you shoulc be able to find more info if you need it.
Good luck, and be sure to keep the inside of the pump clean! Also, before replacing the cover, fill the pump reservoir with fuel, it will help to retart the engine.

Old6.2
08-03-2003, 09:36
Caution! You have to install the pump cover carefully to engage the fuel solenoid. After installing the pump cover, turn the ignition key to the "on" position, then touch and remove the fuel solenoid wire to the solenoid a few times and listen for a clicking inside the pump. If you do NOT hear the click, take the cover off and install again.

Daan
08-03-2003, 11:47
Thanks for your time guys.
I'm looking for ways to tune up my engine a bit (banks-kit is to expensive over here), and since there is absolutely no black smoke coming out, I think that a little bit more fuel can do no harm.

Till next time

Eric Deslauriers
08-03-2003, 23:32
s'OK, Banks kit too expensive over here too! :(

Thanks to Rumbler1 for filling in the gaping holes I left. I hadn't had breakfast yet. :rolleyes:

That's my story, anyways... :D

arveetek
08-04-2003, 08:37
I turned the pump up a 1/4 turn on my naturally aspirated engine, and I love the results. Just watch the amount of black smoke coming out. You can tell when it's getting over-fueled.

Casey