PDA

View Full Version : lots a smoke

catmandoo
08-06-2003, 21:46
my 82 sub with a banks on it on startup smokes like wildfire on startup white smoke but after say 20 seconds or so clears up and you never see anymore smoke black white or other and come below 30 degrees forget starting it it won't go and i've noticed since i put a banks on my 84 1/2 ton that it acts the same way, before i put the turbo on it would start down to -30 degrees after being plugged in for about 2 hours now i can leave it plugged in all nite and i'll be lucky if it starts. is this something turning the pump up will cure?and if so how much.by the way it is firing on all cyls allglowplugs are working.

britannic
08-06-2003, 22:04
Make sure the timings set properly (start at TDC @ 1400rpm and experiment with more advance if desired). If the pump is turned up a good deal, you can expect some smoke, but if it's excessive and the timing is set correctly, no air to fuel leaks or restrictions in the fuel circuits and the HPCA is working properly, then you may need to consider the condition of the pump, injectors and engine compression.

When my timing was too retarded, I had very smokey cold starts.

catmandoo
08-07-2003, 06:37
also these never push more than i think the highest boost i've ever seen is 8 lbs and temp maybe 800 deg .they are low and i souldn't complain but i feel there is the possibility they could and should run better is there any way to get the boost up quicker