PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler line hookup, and cooler questions.

rugger
08-11-2003, 22:01
I'm in the process of finishing up my 6.5L turbo swap onto the 6.2. I'm using the 6.5 drivers side exhaust manifold and as i was tweaking the line for clearence i bent the line a little farther than i feel comfotable with so tomorrow im heading to the hydrolics shop to get some new ones made up. My question is as your looking at the fittings for the cooler lines on the block which on is the out put and the return. I think the one closest to the filter is the outpujt but im not sure. Also which is the proper way to hook them to the factory oil cooler. Would I be better off going with an after market oil cooler or sticking with the stock set up. thanks for any help.
rugger

britannic
08-11-2003, 22:46
It shouldn't matter too much, but my M1028 manual shows the rear pipe on the filter is connected to the lower oil cooler pipe. The military manual doesn't specify which pipe should go where, only that it's essential there aren't any leaks.

rugger
08-11-2003, 22:57
Didn't think it would matter, But with all the time and money i've spent on this project i'm like a nervous mother on prom night. Thanks again.