PDA

View Full Version : and problems still go on....

panchosteam
08-15-2003, 21:29
Hi guys i have a story to tell( my 6.2 sierra clasic 1984 )
I took my truck to get an engine overhaul here in california on the begining of this year, got it back last month after the mechanic tried to over haul it 3 times , itook the shop to consumer affairs , after dealer check up and other things i decided to take it back to him so he can see what was wrong with it
(rough running, with smoke on the left side ) he said i have tree solutions; money back and a junk engine ,1500 back no warranty , or ill try to fix it again, can you all imagine ? what am i suppose to do ? feel like getting my money back , but i lost a lot of time i gues i'll ask for it any way it is a lot of money thats the reason ,my question is , where am i suppose to get ir repair well done here in california and around the 5 k budget?
thank you all and please respond .
:(

FirstDiesel
08-16-2003, 06:09
Why not get your money back and get a complete rebuilt engine from The Diesel Depot

http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/avant.htm

Seems the easiest solution to me. Buy a known product from a known vendor.

panchosteam
08-16-2003, 22:09
that's right; i'll do that, you guys might ask your selfs, why i recomend this other places ( DUMAS AND THE DIESEL ) because this are the shops that i know and i check them out my self i just dont have that kind of money that they whant to do my engine , still want to get my truck running and keep it diesel , i know it will be a lot cheaper to convert it to gas but i dont wanna loose the power even knowing that its going to cost some money .
The mechanic wants to give me a junk engine and wants to keep mine , i guess its better than nothing , i just lost a lot of time and i always dream that i got my truck back and running it will be so nice when ever this comes.... by the way i paid $4,800 for the engine to be repaired .

panchosteam
08-16-2003, 22:14
Just a question; what's involved in converting to 6.5 ? computer? or not? any solutions?
Thank you all.

britannic
08-16-2003, 22:58
The 6.5L is a straight swap and you won't need a computer if you go with a mechanical pump (you'll need to use the IP drive gear from your old engine if the new one originally had a DS4 IP.

If a turbo waz installed on the 6.2L, the oil feed is moved from near the oil filter to the passenger side intake valley near the front.

The heads have the injectors positioned for easier access and the combustion chambers are optminally designed for more power. The turbo version of the 6.5L has a slightly lower compression ratio than the N/A.

With a 6.5L turbo you can expect around 195HP, more if tweaked.

All of your accessories will bolt up if your transfer the mounting hardware.