PDA

View Full Version : Autolite glow plugs - worthwhile?

Eric Deslauriers
08-16-2003, 00:11
This is kinduva a time-thing for me.

Are the Autolites worthwhile or should I stick the 9Gs back in until whatever Kennedy or the others are selling show up?

Pricing is about the same except the motor my turbo came on has 6 new Autolites (2 required pulling the exhaust manifold, so I guess they didn't get done).

TIA

FirstDiesel
08-16-2003, 06:16
Why not just buy the plugs from Kennedy and do it right once??

cordell
08-16-2003, 10:16
well i put autolites once and after it a few months it was starting hard,so i pulled a them out to check and there were two blown up,so now i run with the "good ones" smile.gif

Eric Deslauriers
08-16-2003, 11:48
Originally posted by FirstDiesel:
Why not just buy the plugs from Kennedy and do it right once?? 'Cause if the Autolites don't suck, I can use the $60 I save towards something else.

Like:
- 1/2 a tank of diesel to get me closer to my next destination
- 3 nights at an RV park
- dinner out with the family
- 7+ tanks of gas in my streetbike (900 miles of being totally evil to the tires, brakes, and speed limits - or 1300+ if I putter around under 90)
- a different sized rear sprocket for my dirtbike
- 1/2 day at the track in my car
- 1.2 hours of labor on the rollcage for my Jeep (in progress)
- I can go on, and on...

I've noticed I've become far less frugal than I once was. Thinking like this helps me refrain from being pennywise and pound foolish and still have $$ left over for my other pursuits. :D

Spend it where it *has to* or should be spent, not where it'd be nice!

FirstDiesel
08-17-2003, 06:21
Agreed but read the post above your last one and decide for yourself.

Also you could buy the last years article on glowplugs and read it.

Eric Deslauriers
08-17-2003, 15:27
Larry, I read it and the Autolites will find their way onto eBay.

I thought you were asking "Why ask?" so that's what I was responding to. smile.gif