PDA

View Full Version : exhaust gate on turbo

vic
07-06-2004, 09:56
My exhaust gate sticks once in a while at the back of the turbo charger, maybe some rust.
Any ideas of how to rebuild? Dealer says they have nothing other than a new turbo ($1800)

Can it be cleaned and oiled?

Thanks Vic

grape
07-06-2004, 10:11
not sure if it could be the electrical stuff that controls it, I'm computer dumb. However if is just the mechanical linkage that is binding, I think the dealer is sexually harrassing you cause they are trying to, uhmmmm, well you know.

Turbine Doc
07-06-2004, 10:23
Vic if you have any mechanical skills at all give it a shot yourself, I assume it's out of warranty so you can't void the warranty, take it off and inspect it, if it's rust that is causing the problem a wire wheel or maybe a fine stone on a Dremel tool should be the ticket to clean it up. Don't bear down on it you just want to clean up the rust not eat into the seat of the flapper/gate

G. Gearloose
07-06-2004, 10:36
Mine does that, but works fine.
Its only an issure when I have the boost controller off and the arm is free to flop around.

If you still have a vacuum acuator just get a turbomaster controller. The gate never opens that far in normal operatation, not even close.