PDA

View Full Version : Oil filter relocation/oilcooler connections

opto
03-22-2005, 12:13
I have heard that it's not a good idea to use an oilfilter relocation adapter/kit on the diesels beacause of vibration causing the threads to wear and then start a massive leak with oilpressure loss and perhaps engine breakdown.
Any inputs on this?

I would like to know what tread the oilcooler connection has on the 6,2, if anybody knows?

john8662
03-22-2005, 14:17
The oil cooler ports on the block are 1/2" NPT. It all depends on what oil filter adaptor kit you're looking at, I don't know much of the benefit of doing this. Maybe clearance, if so you could install a 4x4 adaptor from a late 6.2 or 6.5 and mount the oil filter horizontally?

opto
03-22-2005, 22:38
thank you for your info cooler ports.

I have a 4x4 so it is already mounted horizontally. My idea was to move it away a bit for better clearance and easier change.
But a guy who sold the relocation parts told me that they didn't want to sell it for a diesel cause there had been some engine breakdowns coused by this. Seems to me a bit strange.

humding
03-23-2005, 14:29
I'm interested to know as well if these remote take offs work OK. I am looking at fitting one for clearance purposes

84 C2B2
03-24-2005, 06:56
Hi,
I recently got my 84 CUCV back together. I used an AMSOIL BMK-17(normally for a Duramax) spin on receptacle and their dual mount. I purchased hoses and fittings and it works fine. It's mounted on the left frame rail by the back of the front left leafspring perch. About 18" of hose. It has enough flexibility to prevent loosening also. The oil cooler is from a 95 year truck. I bought some hoses from Greg Landuyt(AMSOIL dealer) and mounted it in the front of the A/C Condenser(right side of cab). See,s to work fine but it sure was easier to install with just the frame and drivetrain to worry about.

The spin on mount I used comes with two o'rings and I cannot remember which one I used but I'm pretty satified with my setup depsite the prices I paid for everything.

Jerry

opto
03-24-2005, 16:38
Where would it be best to place the sender for the oil temp gauge?

And Trans temp sender on TH700R4?
Fourth Gear Inc suggested output cooler line, any inputs?

:confused:

humding
03-26-2005, 14:00
Anybody know what thread the oil filter has?