PDA

View Full Version : Help,i need some TE06H spec's

Dezman125
05-06-2004, 21:02
Hi all
I'v found a turbo guy that needs some info on the "Banks" spec'ed TE06H. He is willing to try to build one as close as possible if i can get some info for him.
So if someone has the info,or a turbo on the shelf i would apreciate any help.
He asked for the A/R ratio's
and the Diameter of the exhaust wheel where the exhaust exits the housing
and the diameter of the intake wheel at the smallest point.
I'm not very educated in all the turbo lingo or spec's,so i hope that i'm asking for the right info,if not i'm sure that with all the help from this page i'll get it figered out.
Thanks in advance. smile.gif

britannic
05-06-2004, 21:45
Why don't you ask him to build you a turbo that's matched to the CFM and boost requirements of the 6.2L?

You could rework a cheap Dodge Cummins Holset with turbine and compressor to produce up to 15psi efficiently and low back pressure by going with a 14-18cm3 turbine housing.

The Holset uses a T3 base, so it'll interchange with the GM and Banks turbo manifolds.

You can choose between wastegated and non-wastegated.

FYI: I have a 40K 1994 WH1C going cheap.

Dezman125
05-08-2004, 08:12
Britanic.
He say's he has a pile of TE06H's,and numerous parts,housings,wheels ect.Another bonas is he is relativly close,and in Canada,makes shipping cheap and no duty.And he also drives a GM Diesel,so he is willing to do a little extra for a fellow GM driver.
Alaska Aviator,or Jeep SJ
Do either of you have your turbo sitting around yet? Or have the Info handy?
Again Thanks in Advance

britannic
05-08-2004, 12:23
Try calling Banks technical support; I've found that once you get past the sales guys and talk to a tech, they can be very helpful.

84 Convert
05-19-2004, 20:44
Britannic,
I'm looking at any and all turbo options. I'd like some info on that WH1C if you still have it. I don't know any other way to contact you but here. You can e-mail me warren@localaccess. com.

Thanks Gregg