PDA

View Full Version : Strange fuse electrical problem, totally baffled

shamanie
04-06-2005, 07:07
I recently added a new grant steering wheel to my truck as the old one looked ratty, and hell, the new one just looks great. Anyway, when I went to plug the fuse back in for the horn, it immediately strated blaring so I just left it out, which would explain why my dome light and 12volt charger just happened to stop working. Well, I went back into the steering wheel to see where I screwed up in the assembly process and couldn't find anything out of place so I just left out the wire that connects from the horn button to the spring thingy. So I go to plug the fuse back in and as the fuse is going in it zaps a little, hmm.

All is well, the 12 volt charger works, the dome light works, but no power locks. Take it out, power locks work fine, and obviously 12 volt and dome light don't.

(Stands here utterly baffled)

TimK
04-06-2005, 19:33
It sounds like you have accidently grounded the horn connection. Maybe you missed an insulating bushing or pinched a wire. The horn button on the steering wheel completes the circuit on the ground side of the circuit. So if the wire or the button is shorted it completes the circuit.

TimK