PDA

View Full Version : Winter project

Peter J. Bierman
05-28-2004, 13:21
The parts for my winter project are on their way!

I bought a new geardrive from a 6.5 member who needed the electronic set up, I helped him out by taking it off his hands. Always glad to help out :D
I ordered a new Diesel depot cam, 6.5 fuellines and a new balancer to be sure.

With the 6.5 heads, big DB2, Cam and geardrive, hi pop/flow injectors, ARP headstrut kit and the Twin Turbo's with intercoolers, I think I'll have a nice combo next spring :cool:

I'm working on a water injection system too :rolleyes:

Oh and the 4L80E did arrive today, so I'll hope it's going to be a long winter :D

Peter

EWC
05-28-2004, 19:14
Peter , did you get any specs with the cam ?

Peter J. Bierman
05-29-2004, 06:30
No, not really spec's.
I was told that it has more duration not more lift.
It was designed for turbo applications.
I think the inlet stays open longer so more air can flow in with the turbo pushing it.
I want to try it and see what happens.

Peter

britannic
05-29-2004, 06:54
Sweet - can't wait for the official 0-60 times :D .

EWC
05-29-2004, 07:01
I have the Crane Cams regrind and that gives you about 20 degrees more exhaust duration with lift numbers increasing to .440 " . Put that together with a gear drive , Banks turbo kit and the heads that I just had ported , almost 40 cfm intake and 30 cfm exhaust added , and I think I'll have some fun . If you get the chance to put a single plane intake on , do it . That's almost another 20 cfm over the dual plane alone .

Peter J. Bierman
05-29-2004, 07:03
Like the detroit hummer intake?

Got one on it's way :D

Peter

EWC
05-29-2004, 07:07
Haven't seen a Hummer intake up close but you can see the air cleaner housing bolts are rotated 90 from the truck intakes . I have also heard the Hummer is lower than the trucks but I can't see where that would be a problem for your skills .

JeepSJ
05-30-2004, 11:30
I guess I have a Hummer intake. Mine was advertised simply as a "Detroit Diesel intake". If it had been advertised as a Hummer unit, the cost probably would have doubled. I needed a low profile unit for hood clearance, and the rotated bolt holes are going to help also as I was going to have some clearance problems with the intake port being on the right side. Now the intake port will be at the rear which should help with my packaging of the whole installation.