PDA

View Full Version : The 6.2 will not run properly

Norwegian-Blazer
09-27-2005, 11:19
Hi, i have an 1986 K5 Blazer vith 6.2 diesel. Last week i desided to check my injectors to see if they are to blame for the smoke trail i leave behind me. Due to lack of proper tools (no 30 pipe) i only managed to pull one injector out the first evening. Got the injector tested an it was operating fine. BUT when i installed the injector again the engine had an rough idle (not running on all cylinders ??? ). I pulled out all eight injectors and all tested ok . Installed them again and now the engine was running wery badly, obwiously not running on all cylinders. I notice wapor from the oil refilling tube.
What hawe i done wrong ? (NO i have NOT filled the injectors with dirt). I installed the injectors with the old copper seals, should i try to replace them ?

opto
09-27-2005, 11:46
Har du luftat(insprutningsr

john8662
09-27-2005, 12:18
First off, you should ALWAYS replace the copper gaskets for the injectors. These gaskets are copper and compress when torqued and are worthless after being installed. I did this very same thing once, I pulled the injectors while parked in front of a diesel shop because I had the tools with me. Then I had them tested and they tested perfect because they were reman about 15k ago at that time. Then I did the same thing of just re-using them old coppers. Needless to say, the engine ran rougher than it did before, so I knew something was up. I ended up pulling the injectors for another reason (pulling valve covers, etc) and replaced the copper that time, and I DID notice a difference.

Basically you're loosing compression.

You will also want to use anti-seize on the threads of the injectors, especially to aide in removal if you need to.

So, you'll need new coppers (about 50 cents a piece) and then torque the injectors in to the required value..

Norwegian-Blazer
09-28-2005, 01:15
Vil det v

Trond Stordal
09-28-2005, 08:31
Hvis du ikke finner ut av det, g

Norwegian-Blazer
09-28-2005, 20:42
Og jeg er Blazer p

Trond Stordal
09-29-2005, 09:54
Vi er overalt! F

Norwegian-Blazer
10-17-2005, 22:28
Nei g

Peter J. Bierman
10-23-2005, 11:38
If you boys talk ( write )english we might be able to help.
My norwayian is not so good, so beter broken english then nordic. ;)

Peter

Trond Stordal
10-23-2005, 13:05
Hei Peter.

I forgot that only 4.5 millon of us understand Norwegian + a few swedes and danes and maybe some thousands in Dakota and Wisconsin. Will never happen again. By the way, new injectors are incomming from west.

Norwegian-Blazer
10-26-2005, 04:22
Sorry for that. Reman. injectors installed and the engine runs better but still not good enough. If i accelerate i get a "clunking" noise from the engine.

Norwegian-Blazer
10-29-2005, 06:12
Problem found, one of the nuts on the injector lines are cracked and leaking fuel. I guess i have to purchase an new high pressure line.

Trond Stordal
10-29-2005, 09:19
Hei Thor.

Good feeling when you finally figure it out!