PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Harness

LTD1963
10-27-2004, 08:44
I was wondering if anyone knows a good source for the wiring harnesses that are routed under the intake manafold. I have my manafold off for some other mods and noticed the connectors and wires are not in very good condition. I want to replace the ones that run under the manafold while I have it off. I have the shop service manuals but I can not find the part numbers for the harnesses just the connector/splice number. So I do not know what part numbers to order. Its a 94 Yukon. Thanks

tom.mcinerney
11-03-2004, 18:36
I think complete units/sections of harness are "dealer only"; auto wrecking yards another option(?).

The Helm factory manual describes harness repair with a kit that includes new weatherpack/metripack connectors, and the associated crimping tools.

Some members have had local dealers repair their harnesses.

Spindrift
11-03-2004, 18:55
LTD,

Could you be more specific? Are you talking about the electronic filter harness? FSD?

LTD1963
11-04-2004, 10:04
Well to be more specific. The solinoid bank connectors, and the 2 connectors that go to the intake tube. Also the injector pump connector, but not as bad. Basicly the connectors are cracking, drying out, falling apart. Also the sheething (coating) over the wires is very brittle. Maybe ill try to find just the connectors and replace them.
Ill look for the connector numbers in my manual and see if I can find them any place other than a dealer. I was hoping to just get a new wiring harness and not have to cut and replace connectors. As I am going to keep this vehicle for a long time I hope. Thanks for the help.