PDA

View Full Version : Need Help "AUTOTRAC"

DA BIG ONE
10-27-2004, 19:26
Have my tranny completely rebuilt and a new t-case NP246, now it will not go into neutral or 4wd low, what should I be looking for?

MJEasly
10-28-2004, 04:40
Push button? Do the lights flash on the selected gear but the transfer case doesn't engage? If so, it sounds like the issue I had with mine. There is an actuator motor that looks like a black red bull can mounted to the bottom of the t-case that shifts the gears. I would check the fuses for the 4x4 computer and the connections to the actuator motor before replacment. Mine went with 70,000 miles and cost about $500 to replace.

BTW, if it is a failure of the actuator motor, you got off easy. Mine failed in 4-low, causing it to stay in 4-low. I had to have a flat bed come and take it to the dealership.

Good luck.

DA BIG ONE
10-28-2004, 05:26
Originally posted by MJEasly:
Push button? Do the lights flash on the selected gear but the transfer case doesn't engage? If so, it sounds like the issue I had with mine. There is an actuator motor that looks like a black red bull can mounted to the bottom of the t-case that shifts the gears. I would check the fuses for the 4x4 computer and the connections to the actuator motor before replacment. Mine went with 70,000 miles and cost about $500 to replace.

BTW, if it is a failure of the actuator motor, you got off easy. Mine failed in 4-low, causing it to stay in 4-low. I had to have a flat bed come and take it to the dealership.

Good luck. Thanks for the input, it shifts into 4wd hi, and auto 4wd w/o any problems.

I am thinking that the tranny shop may have to make some adjustments at the neutral safety switch. The t-case worked fine before the tranyy rebuild.

Yep, murphy is on my rear.