PDA

View Full Version : need help in Colorado Springs

garysleeman
11-08-2005, 16:10
Posting this for my husband, he is in Colorado Springs and his injector pump just quit. Need to know where to buy/rebuild pump. Thanks.

john8662
11-08-2005, 20:06
There are quite a few places that supply rebuilt injection pumps.

One that comes to mind that could probably ship your husband a pump is Diesel Injection Service:

http://www.dieselpage.com/

Just navagate to the lubbock phone number and then give them a call, the only obvious problem is going to be the core charge.

So, out of curiousity, what were the symptoms?

I don't know of a source in CS off hand that will have one. But, rest assured, I'll bet there is a Diesel shop somewhere near by looking at a local yellow page directory that can either get a replacement or repair the existing pump.

garysleeman
11-10-2005, 15:25
Thanks for the reply. I looked in the yellow pages but they didn't have a listing for stanadyne pumps.
I was able to drive home (1700 miles) with no problems but I wasn't optimistic when I started.
When I got to Colorado Springs. I noticed the engine missing and blowing smoke. At my hotel I made a jumper wire and put it on the IP but now the motor wouldn't start with or without the jumper wire. To my delight the truck started in the morning but was still running rough. When I got going downhill on the highway it sounded like a powerstroke (I even stopped once because I thought it was an engine knock). Going uphill it sounded better. I nursed it along for about 80 miles and noticed the symptoms had gone away (talk about prayers being answered). I still didn't trust shutting it down and it ran for the next 20 hours (1100 miles).
I had problems in the past with the IP. When I got this motor I found the only way it would run without spitting was to run with the cold advance hot wired. Ran that way for a year and when that no longer worked this summer I had the pump rebuild by Accurate Diesel and it has been fine.
I talked with Tim at Accurate and he thinks the problem might be related to the home brewed biodiesel I have been burning for a couple of thousand miles. I am going to remove the pump and send it back to be checked out. I am also going to have one of my spare pumps rebuilt at the same time so I will have a backup, just in case.

ZZ
11-13-2005, 13:52
Did you redo your filtering. My fuel jobber told me that the Bio stuff will plug the factory square filters I still use. Just a thought...

garysleeman
11-14-2005, 15:29
I added a 30 micron filter-trap before the fuel pump. I though I could get away without washing my biodiesel. The fact that I am draining glycerin out both my filters has convinced me otherwise. Now I have 200 gallons to wash.