PDA

View Full Version : john8662 - ATS Turbo Q

snoman87
11-10-2005, 11:07
Hey ... I am wondering if you can tell me the dimesions for the tube that runs from the CDR to the ATS pressure chamber? It also appears that I might be missing the exhaust manifold to turbo housing gasket ... what's it made of.

john8662
11-10-2005, 12:45
The hose going to the turbo plenum from the CDR valve will be 1" hose. I'm thinking of finding some prebent silicone hi-temp hose that already has a 90* angle on it that will start at the CDR valve then continute to the turbo plenum.

Turbo Gasket?

I've got a metal T-3 turbo gasket that I could use. I'm most likely going to just skip the gasket and just leave the connection metal to metal.

The 6.5 engine that I've got uses the same flange and it doesn't have a gasket at all.

Now, the gasket that connects to the exhaust downpipe is still in tact on the turbo, I'm hoping to leave mine alone, don't know what it's made of...

snoman87
11-10-2005, 12:51
my turbo downpipe is intact as well ... I will try to skip the gasket also smile.gif

arveetek
11-10-2005, 13:45
I don't use any exhaust gaskets on my truck anymore. I found out that all the gaskets are good for are for blowing out and creating leaks! I don't believe these trucks come from the factory with exhaust gaskets, anyway.

The exhaust manifolds to block, turbo to manifold, and downpipe to turbo connections are all gasket free on my truck. I did use Ultra Copper high-temp silicone, just for good measure.

Casey