PDA

View Full Version : DIESEL SERVICES GROUP

panchosteam
08-26-2003, 23:17
Hi guys just a question, does anybody knows anything about DIESEL SERVICES GROUP UP IN CANADA? I saw the picture of the 6.2 engine looks real nice and cromed, the price that i got for a fully dressed engine sounds good also the warranty 1 year parts and labor only thing about $500 shipping and handling i guess its not too bad is it ? the engine price its about $4000 dollars for a fully dressed engine , what do you guys think about this company?
thank you all for your help.

aloharovers
08-27-2003, 07:50
I would love to hear about them also.
I think they are only a day trip away from Seattle.

Is the 4k in Canadian dollars? 'Cuss that's what 150$ US? ;)

panchosteam
08-27-2003, 09:33
Yeah ,thats 4000 us dollars ,fully dressed engine comes with: fuel pump,injectors,glow plugs, etc. They told me that the only thing needed was the water pump and the exaust manifold , if you want check their site and look at the GMC 6.2 Engines they have the picture and looks real good and the price is also good
well we'll see who has some coments about this company. thank you for the response gusys.

83Silverado
08-27-2003, 11:28
I went out there, the 6.2L fully-dressed is listed at $3638. I went through the 'add to shopping cart' to check shipping, when I did it also applied a discount of $181.90, bringing the net price down to $3456.10 (plus shipping). Looks pretty attractive... smile.gif

Eric Deslauriers
08-28-2003, 07:49
Before, during, and after buying my 6.2 MH I spoke with the guys there.

They really seem to know their stuff.

I also have a story somewhere about some guy in Portland who went to Alaska in his UniMog and ended up in one of their satellite shops due to a shop in Portland totally mis-timing his diesel. Ended up that his engine was fried due to the mis-time, but these guys really took care of him.

And even though they didn't know a lot about the 'Mog engine, they did their legwork and came up with the right answers anbd parts, but that the prognosis wasn't good and it wasn't worth putting the parts on. Turns out the Mogs use drip timing. Ugh.

He chose to put the parts on and go for it, but the guys were right and it blew chunks less than 800 miles later.

big swifty
08-30-2003, 22:00
I've dealt with them. All good!

panchosteam
08-31-2003, 00:14
Well, thank you guys for your help, i guess i'll be getting my new engine from them any way i like the way it looks on the picture, im just waiting for my money and truck back , then i'll start all over again , from the begening
lost a year on just waiting to have it repaired, and then i'm going to need a shop to install my new engine i hope that i don't have trouble finding one . Thank you again guys.

Jgreemo
08-31-2003, 14:49
I purchased my 6.5 from them not 6 months ago. They were great to work with and knew their stuff. They go through a huge number of engines and really know what works and what doesn't. The engine ran me a bit more than advertised due to the gear drive and drop in kit, but with the exchange rate and no tax, it was still a deal after shipping.

Results: It's a very strong engine and has been nohing but a dream. One small thing is I replaced the thermostat and one of the pump lines had a small leak, but easily fixed with a wrench. Also replaced the radiator at install, since why take chances? If you go the turbo route as I did, I would recommend putting 3 to 5 thousand miles before installing it. As the fellow with the Mog found, engine problems tend to reveal themselves fairly quickly.

Good luck!
Jon

panchosteam
09-04-2003, 23:40
Hi John , can you email me with the exact price of youre engine? i'll apreciate it if you could , my email adress is : panchosteam@yahoo.com i'm planning on ordering one of their engines, i'm just waiting on my truck to get back to me so i can get it started , i got the money back so i'm just waiting for my truck i hope you can email me soon . Thank you