PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Thing

G B Sisson
07-10-2004, 06:25
Hi, With kids growing up and moving out and changing business needs,I have decided to sell my 94 6.5 2500 4x4 burb.I will be getting a later model extra cab pickup with 8'box.Now the question...seems I can afford about a 2001 at best.As this was the first year of Dmax,should I consider a P-stroke as well?The Dmax seems to be harder to find and more expensive in any given configuration.I may be opening up a hornets nest as I know you guys are primarily GM,but see a lot of fords out there that fit my needs.What to look out for? thanks in advance GB ps just posted an ad in the classified section for the burb,it IS like new and a beautiful thing,just to nice to use for work

matt-max
07-10-2004, 07:29
can't give you much first hand info on the ford, i've driven them but not at any length. they are not anywhere near as nice imho, especially the ride and interior.

i had a 2001 2500hd and still have a 2003 as well as a bunch of 6.5s. caveats with a 2001 are the trans being much rougher (more truck-like), even with updates, engine being brand new and that's about it from my experience.

try to get a later one if you can. the ones made in spetember through the end of the year i would be a bit leery of.

my 2003 is way more refined throughout, especially the drivetrain. but even a 2001 is way way way ahead of any 6.5td in every single aspect i can think of.

if you are patient and shop it hard you should be able to come up with a good one for reasonable $. dealership here will only give me about $23k at best for my loaded slt 45k mile extendo 4x4 in great shape.

i would think a 2001 shouldn't be over that at the absolute most used.....maybe i'm wrong...? keep an eye out at autotrader.com and maybe ebay.

regardless, best of luck to you!