PDA

View Full Version : Mufflers for 6.2 N/A

Shannon
09-10-2003, 12:17
The wifes sub needs new mufflers. Did a search on what others had run, but that obviously didn't turn up much.

Would like to have a deeper toned exhaust but not loud in the cab when cruising down the road. One local muffler shop suggested a straigh-thru type glass pack turned around. Anyone tried that? He also said that a balance tube wouldn't do anything for a diesel. Any concern about the holes in the Turbo II type mufflers plugging with soot?

Although I'd like to, I can't justify spending the big bucks on flowmasters.

Thanks for the advice

Shannon

Eric Deslauriers
09-11-2003, 10:47
One of the guys I wheel with has Flowmasters on his Ford diesel (pre powerstroke). It sounds spectacular, especially when he's on it.

The first thing people ask is "what's under the hood?!" It doesn't sound like a diesel and it doesn't sound like a hot BB, it just sounds hot.

If my 6.2 wasn't in a motorhome where quiet is one of my goals, I would have gone with Flowmasters.

CleviteKid
09-11-2003, 11:06
I have Dynomax SuperTurbo mufflers on my truck, and they sound almost civilized until I get on it hard.

I do have a balance tube ahead of the mufflers, and I think it both helps performance and mellows out the sound - sort of de-dieselizes it.

You can see the balance tube and a little bit of the mufflers at the link below.

Dr. Lee :cool:

mhagie
09-14-2003, 11:16
I agree with Dr Lee except I will go a little further, in order to run good free flow mufflers a balance pipe is a must, it will take a obnoxiously loud dual system and mellow it down to a nice deep throaty sound it will sound as it has balls whether or not it really does.