PDA

View Full Version : no power anywhere...fuseable link?

mistaboins
11-25-2004, 16:03
i had to take my suburban up to lake tahoe for a night and it didn't occur to me that it would be as cold as it was... consequently no start the next morning... i killed the batteries trying to start it. anyway i changed the glow plugs, fuel filter (which needed it real bad!), and got one new battery and the other one charged up. well, unfortunately still no start... at this point a passerby suggested that i clean all connections w/baking soda and water, which i did, then as i was putting the connections back on the battery, my hand slipped and grounded out the battery which is on the passenger side. now i have no power to anything. i checked the fuseable link to the starter and it looks good, now what? unfortunately i live four hours from where the truck is located, and they want the truck moved asap. i'm at a loss as to what to do next.

86burb
11-26-2004, 01:02
Check the fusible link at the junction block on the firewall, use a voltmeter.

shamanie
12-03-2004, 12:50
How did this work out?

Was it the Fusible link? Must have been, same thing happened to me one night. Boy did that suck. Guages went crazy, pulled over, shut her down for a minute checked under the hood for a busted belt got back in and nada. Nothing worked except for the dome light. Fusible link fixed it.