PDA

View Full Version : new radiator needed

82beast
09-18-2003, 16:58
Hello All

I am in the process of installing a Diesel Depot 325 HP engine in my truck. Since the truck has a six inch lift I pulled the radiator support and the pass. fender to make it easier. When I pulled the radiator I noticed that it was very corroded and the old coolant had oil mixed in. So a new one is needed. Finding a new has been harder then I thought, I have tried Napa, but the one they got for me fit the support but was only two core (four core is needed) plus it didn't have both trans and oil coolers. I will be putting aux. coolers in but every little bit helps. My question is were are you guys getting a new radiator from, is there anything better then stock available? Stock would be fine as I have the '97 cooling upgrades and the Kennedy clutch with 9-blade steel fan (I switched to serpentine accessories). thanks in advance.

On a side note my engine has the GM8 turbo on the factory style manifold, if you plan on using this setup in your truck and you have a/c you will most likely have to remove the a/c in order to install the turbo. I personally am switching over to the Vintage Air under dash setup, it is not an easy conversion as you must fabricate your own mounting brackets and lose most if not all of your glove-compartment. I can go into more detail on this once I have finished installing it.
ely have to remove the a/c in order to install the turbo. I personally am switching over to the Vintage Air under dash setup, it is not an easy conversion as you must fabercate your own mounting brackects and lose most if not all of your glove-compartment. I can go into more detail on this once I have finished installing it.

mhagie
09-18-2003, 17:31
There was a post awhile back about a guy that used a S10 evaporater housing spliced at blower motor that worked out well for him you might want to check it out.that might be better than trying to rig one below dash.

Charlie Whitley
09-18-2003, 20:16
Thier is a company called LMC I dont know if you know of them but I purchased a lot of stuff from them and they carry Chevy and Gmc parts for just about every gm part avaliabe. amd I know they carry Radators. thier # is 1 800 222-5664 and web site is www.lmctruck.com (http://www.lmctruck.com) Thier prices are pretty resonable too.

john8662
09-19-2003, 06:00
here is an option, a company auctions them off on ebay, here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33602&item=2433160036

There is a phone number on the auction so you can get ahold of them instead of going through with an auction. its about 270 bucks, I think that fair for a NEW one.

82beast
09-21-2003, 17:33
thanks for the different choices I will be sure to check them out.

TonyL
09-22-2003, 00:32
IF YOU GO TO EBAY MOTORS-PARTS AND ACCESSORIES AND PUT IN DIESEL FOR YOUR SEARCH YOU WILL FIND YOUR RADIATOR FOR $265. THEY ARE ON THERE ALL THE TIME. HERE IS ANOTHER PLACE I FOUND

Discount Radiators
http://www.discountradiators.com/search/