PDA

View Full Version : Help 03 acting crazy

Holeshot
01-28-2003, 16:59
Hi all
Long time listner First few time caller :}

Any way I have a 03 cc dually with a brake controller problem. I took the brake controller out of my 01, plugged it in, then bam nothing.
Then I switched the wire like you all said, and still nothing. Now here is the funny part, if you hit the brake pedal the taillights light up but no 3rd brake light. Then if you press the slide the brake controller the 3rd brake lights work but the taillights dont light up. And to top it all off the controller dosent power up unless you use the slide on the controller.

Any help would be appreciated, cuz i have some cars to bring to the world of wheels friday and i dont think driving aroud with a brake controller in my lap is very safe. :}

thanks again
Tony :

FisHn2DMax
01-29-2003, 00:20
Obviously your 01 controller harness is still miswired for the 03. I the problem everyone else had with the O3, but yours is different. Somehow you must have switched the wrong wires?

I would look at your wiring again and make sure you switched the wires correctly. Do a search feature on "03 brake controller" and see if there is any more detail that could help you.

Everything you described indicates a miswire, Keep trying and you'll get it right.

Good Luck!

smile.gif

mdrag
01-29-2003, 00:30
Moved to Accessories forum.