PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust for 6.5

panhead9
07-11-2004, 08:34
Just wondering what exhaust you guys have used on your 6.5's on a blazer I have done the heath chip and the turbo master on my 94' also modded my intake and am extremely satisfied with the results. Now my exhaust is rotted so it is time, over the years I have gutted the cat and removed the muffler and welded in a pipe the only problem I have is heath does not have a tail piece for a blazer, only a crossover and downtube and I am having a problem finding a shop that will make one up without a cat any suggestions will be appreciated.

Turbine Doc
07-11-2004, 11:18
JC Whitney sells flex stainless exhaust pipe, that and wrap around clamps not crush clamps could get you over the hump until you find someone to hook you up, when my cat died 2 years ago, I repaced it with a "test pipe" until I could get a new one on order (someday I got to remember to place that order), anyway the flex pipe is available in galvanized, 300 & 400 series stainless in 5-10- & 25' lengths depending how much you want to spend. You can find it on their web site

panhead9
07-11-2004, 13:06
tbogemirep
Looks like your running a 97' up 6.5 and looks good I have a 94'and and to the point of doing my exhaust. How satisfied are you with the Banks exhaust? I may just buy the crossover and downtube and make the rest myself, please let me know your results and what you have done. I have already done the intake an PMD and chip and turbomaster so I am about done with mods as far as I can go without internal motor work Let me Know how happy you are, Thanks Panhead

matt-max
07-11-2004, 18:45
i love the sound and performance improvement with my kennedy exhaust on the tahoe. it's a great choice.

matt

Barry Nave
07-12-2004, 02:54
Bank's now for four yrs. Though no cat,muff.
Not as loud as one may think, yet has a loud, db. level? [good to me] and deep low sound once under power and towing in the power band. :D

:cool: