PDA

View Full Version : M1009 will not start.

seabee mike
05-13-2005, 18:24
was driving all day in blazer nothing wrong. stoped for a pick up at a store 15 min. went to start nothing. it would crank but no fire. let it set 1 houd still nothing . had it towed to shop . still sitting there. any ideas? i did a search but I still like to ask. It did hava a shake in it once in a while . changed a fuel line that was leaking but this was 2000 miles b4 it stoped running.? any help please.

john8662
05-13-2005, 18:44
With the ignition switch on run, pop the hood and unplug the #10 gauge red wire on the top of the injection pump. Once unplugged either take a test light or a volt meter and test for voltage. If present, plug back into the injection pump and listen for a click, that is to tell you the fuel shutoff solenoid is working. If you have voltage and no click, it's the solenoid in the pump, which is user servicable. If no voltage to that lead, then it's fuse or fuseable link huntin time.

seabee mike
05-13-2005, 21:27
ok thank you. I will go check it out.

seabee mike
05-17-2005, 15:37
It started right up the next day. runs fine..??? what gives? any ideas. i checked the wires. everything seams tight. still has a slight shake once in a while. i changed a fuel line that had a leak in it but i dont see any more leaks. I hate to get stuck in another town again. Ideas please.