PDA

View Full Version : NO POWER!

Ray Sharpe
07-12-2004, 14:58
Hey Guys. My truck has been acting up lately. It runs fine with normal power until it gets warm. Then when you pull away from a stop sign, the truck is a dog and it won't go past 5psi boost. The SES light comes on sometimes with the code P0236 (Boost sensor out of range)
Also the other day I started the truck and it fired and stalled right away. When I cranked it again, it started right away but it sounded like somebody threw some marbles in on top of the pistons for a second, then it went away and the truck ran like normal. The engine light came on with a code P0251 (Inj. 'A' Rotor/cam problem)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I only have 2800 miles left on the factory Inj. pump warranty and I need to make sure it isn't the problem. Thankyou

patrick m.
07-12-2004, 16:26
the boost sensor code was very likely set by a low vacume condition.
check the plastic vac tubes from pump, to solenoid, to wastegate actuator. also check for vac at actuator with eng at idle. move the vac tubes around a little with a finger over the end of the tube.
if all else fails, then check the "boost sensor", commonly known as the "map sensor".

if your current inj pump has a lot of miles on it, get it to the dealer quickly. you dont want to miss out on the warranty.
the "marbles" sound the engine made sounds like a fuel delivery issue, such as cold advance. etc. which also points back to the pump/and or driver.

aj neireiter
07-13-2004, 16:15
had the same problem with the p0236, mine turned out to be a broken wire in the factory plug that plugs in to the solenoid.