PDA

View Full Version : tomorrow is the day

spitfirenut
06-07-2005, 09:57
Well, I get my radiator hoses tomorrow and should have it up and running by lunch time. When I pulled the pan on the engine I was amazed at how clean the oil residue was. I can't wait to see how it runs. Had a few snags along the way, like breaking off the Water in Fuel sensor on the model 80 filter(DOH!, $77 part) and some delays in getting the engine here, but tomorrow I see how it runs. Can't wait. I decided that the rubber hardened in the old balancer and that was what took out the crankshaft. That was the only thing I could find.

spitfirenut
06-08-2005, 12:43
IT'S ALIVE! Runs good, plenty of power. It's good to have it back on the road again. Next project get the turbo rebuilt and put it on.

john8662
06-08-2005, 12:55
Thats great!

I'll be interested in seeing some pics of the BAE kit. I have a local Diesel Mechanic that had one on his 6.2 but I never got a close look at it and now I can't. I'm familar with the Banks and ATS, curious about the BAE.

spitfirenut
06-08-2005, 22:59
I'll snap some pix of the parts and send them if you want. And then some pix when I finally get it on the truck. It's a .84 A/R housing T04B Rotomaster turbo. I did run into a snag the other day when I put the intake cap on the new engine to see how high it would move the air cleaner. It fouls on the CDR(?) on the right valve cover, so I'll either need to have that modified or get a different style CDR that sits lower(is there one?) or else build one like Casey and Peter did and use a cone filter behind the radiator support. That would probably flow the air better, but we'll see. I've got 4 headlights instead of 2 so I'm not sure if I would be able to get enough air flow if I put it where Casey put his. But I'm looking at the options. The turbo spins ok so the rebuild is just for preventive maintenance since I don't know why the truck was in the junkyard to start with. I wish I could find out more about the BAE system. I had never heard of them before I found this one.

[ 06-08-2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: spitfirenut ]

arveetek
06-09-2005, 11:20
I'd like to learn more about the BAE and see some pics as well. I had never heard of this kit until you mentioned it.

My turbo is also a Rotomaster unit, but it came off a Ford 6.9L/7.3L. It's definitely not a Banks unit, as it wouldn't bolt to the Banks manifold. I assumed it was from an ATS kit, but I was just guessing.

Casey