PDA

View Full Version : Well I am Back

radrecon69
10-02-2003, 10:59
Well I finally got back from that Cat litter box and went to start the "War wagon" and it wouldn't I put new baterys in it and still no go after awhile we finally got it started and if there where any bugs around their dead now because did it smoke I was waiting for the Fire Department to show up it start ok now (not like it used to) and it doesn't have the power it use to have. I can only do 70 on the Autobahn (Scary) I open for suggestion

Rick

britannic
10-02-2003, 11:54
How long since the last time the truck was started?

What color smoke did you have?

How old is the diesel in the fuel tank?

What's the condition of the fuel filter?

How's the air filter - any mice nests etc?

radrecon69
10-03-2003, 07:49
Brittanica

1 April 03

the color of diesel smoke almost black

fuel since the end of March 03

fuel filter Jan 03

and the only thing we have in Graf is Muardar little weasel looking thang and they don't like the smell of Diesel

It will be long trip to Frankfurt at 70 MPH

Rick

radrecon69
10-03-2003, 07:50
also the air filter was replaced right before I left for the desert

Rick

britannic
10-03-2003, 08:51
Black smoke is caused by a few factors - here are some:

1. Too retarded or advanced IP timing.
2. Worn timing chain (this isn't normally sudden though).
3. Restricted air intake or exhaust.
4. Malfunctioning turbo.

Do check the air intake and exhaust for restrictions just to be sure.

Also, you may want to remove the compressor inlet pipe and check that the compressor turbine moves freely.

What boost levels were you getting the last time the vehicle was driven and now?

Peter J. Bierman
10-03-2003, 13:06
Welcome back Rick, I'll hope we can meet now you are back in town ;)

Peter

radrecon69
10-08-2003, 07:29
Peter

I would like that alot I will be leaving Germany the Middle of Febuary to go back to the desert and from there back to the states so we will have to make before then I want to see that dual turbo setup bad

Rick

painthorsman
10-11-2003, 05:59
Peter,
I myself would like to see some photos of that twin turbo setup. If you have any pictures could you e mail them to me? address is pnthorse@nalu.net
I have a 1 ton 4x4 dually with a fresh 82 6.2 that I would love to twin T if I could... what did you use for the drivers side manifold? the turbo manifolds for the pass side are pretty easy to come by but drivers side? Will I have to give up my A/C ?

Animal
10-11-2003, 12:19
Originally posted by painthorsman:
Peter,
I myself would like to see some photos of that twin turbo setup. If you have any pictures could you e mail them to me? address is pnthorse@nalu.net
I have a 1 ton 4x4 dually with a fresh 82 6.2 that I would love to twin T if I could... what did you use for the drivers side manifold? the turbo manifolds for the pass side are pretty easy to come by but drivers side? Will I have to give up my A/C ? look here

http://www.oliverdiesel.com/friends/bierman.htm

Peter J. Bierman
10-12-2003, 12:49
Well, Animal was kind enough to post the link, so you now know what it's looks like.
I don't know about the A/C, I put A/C in after and since it's another shade tree project it is custom made for this set up.
I did not use any manifold that you could buy, and made both sides myself.
I can only tell you that if you want a TTD be prepaired for a LOT off work since you can't buy the parts.
Anyway it looks good and sound great! :D

Peter

radrecon69
10-17-2003, 09:55
Well

Just got back from Frankfurt Ge. had a great time and got my had back together (nothing that a couple 5th of Jack can't fix) but coming back my truck is back to running a great was able to cruise at 80 with no problem but still am I don't think that I am getting the fuel milage I was getting (but maybe it was the hang over) but no smoke when it start just wondering what to do next year when it will be in storage for over a 6 months to keep it from running like crap again

Rick