PDA

View Full Version : ISSPRO TACH

POINTERMAN
10-04-2003, 10:56
I Recently bought used isspro tach and have sending unit but no magnets or adhiesive to put them on with. Does anybody know where I might get these locally instead of manf. and what location they are to be installed.

TimK
10-04-2003, 11:26
I have an Isspro tach on my truck. The sensor I have looks like a small black cube with a mounting tang. On my truck this is mounted using one of the oil pan bolts. The sensor is held near the damper pulley on the bottom side of the engine. I can't remember if I have 2 or 4 small round magnets mounted to the back side of the damper pulley (crank shaft pulley). These look very similiar to the small hobby magnets I have seen sold at Radio Shack. They are about the same diameter as a dime and about 3/8" to a 1/4" thick. I don't know what my magnets are held on with but I would suggest a metal epoxy such as JB Weld.

TimK

JG62
10-04-2003, 16:47
I believe they are called "rare earth" magnets.

POINTERMAN
10-04-2003, 23:08
Thanks I found the magnets at radio shack and the installation instructions on the isspro web page , will install soon
Ron

britannic
10-05-2003, 16:55
You'll need 4 magnets and I strongly recommend using Loctite 330 (used by IssPro for attaching the magnets), which is similar (may be the same) to the windshield mirror repair glue.

It's a lot easier to pull the damper and then install the magnets, but I was able to install mine the first time around with some difficulty in situ.

When I installed my timing gears, I was able to work on a brand new damper and simply used a punch and hammer to remove the magnets from the old one and reuse them.

Dieselboy
10-05-2003, 17:15
I think you're right on about the glue, Brittanic. The glue that Banks provided with their tach was (and I'm being generous here) very old. It wouldn't set up. After taking a look at the packaging, we figured the windshield glue was worth a try. 20,000 later and still working. :D