PDA

View Full Version : Finding really good replacement seats for 83 blazer.

shamanie
10-05-2003, 18:18
Where would you go to find some really comfortable replacement front seats?

TonyL
10-06-2003, 07:23
i would call your local auto parts recycler(salvage yard) and get som out of a late model chevy truck. The colors havent changed much over the years so they should match pretty good and i think the are more comfortable thatn any aftermarket seat.

TimK
10-06-2003, 11:48
I bought the same set of seats for my 83 Sub as I did for my 85 Sub. I got them from a place near Portland Oregon called US Vans. The seats are very comfortable and are made to a variety of fabrics or leather. You can also get an integrated center seat/console. I paid about $1100 for my set up. It has been well worth the money. If you interested I can probably dig up the phone number.

TimK

Eric Deslauriers
10-06-2003, 14:04
US Vans does custom van interiors. I was checking them out when I needed a sofa for my motorhome.

For that much money, look at Recaros or something. Or maybe a hihg-end set of perf seats out of a BMW (the "Vaders" in my M3 run about $1,000 and are great). Non-sporty seats (e.g. more comfortable in most people's view) are less.

Guess you have to define "really good" ;)

shamanie
10-06-2003, 14:52
Hey thanks you guys. I started looking on ebay and found the mother load.

M3 seats. Yum.

n0n0_1963
10-06-2003, 16:19
I can't send you a picture but I install two brown leather recarro seat from a VW corrado, very confy, a lot off maintain, and the best they cost me $200.00 the pair, they both tilt. The only thing is that I have to built a seat frame, but what a look. If u need more info e-m me.