PDA

View Full Version : Transmission/Transfer Case Braces

TRASHCAN
10-20-2003, 09:39
I have a '86 K30 that now has a 700r4 trans. Can anyone with a stock four wheel drive and 700r4 trans tell me how many braces are located on the transmission and transfer case. The engine in my truck is stock 6.2 and there are no plates mounted behind the engine mounts to mount the braces to as on the gasser I am using for parts. Because the engine used to have a turbo 400 behind it, I am wondering if these braces were only needed on the 700r4 vehicles? I am also assuming there is a brace that runs from the transfer case to the bellhousing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

john8662
10-20-2003, 10:05
My 700R4 1/2 sub has three braces. Two of the braces attach to the engine motor mounts as you are describing. The braces first attached to the engine side mount then to the dust-flywheel cover. All you need are the two rods that are the braces and the mouting for the engine side mount. Its an insert that bolts onto the block before you put the "cup" or engine side mount on. The trucks with TH400's didn't have the two braces.. I don't know why. The other brace is a long brace that attaches to two large bolts on the passenger side of the transfer case (np208) and then the other side to a bellhousing bolt on the transmission to engine mount. I don't know if any of the parts from the 350 setup will work or not, I bet the one from the transfer case to the trans will work though! Good luck