PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 intake kit

antipetroljeep
10-23-2003, 12:20
Does anyone know of a company who makes or where I could get a intake kit for my 6.2L like the ones used on the hummers. They are like K&N and replace the huge stock air breather intake with a tube that goes from the filter then flattens out slightly and bolts to the intake manifold. I callled K&N and they dont make one tor the 6.2, just replacement filter. Or will I have to break down and spend alot of time making my own little box to fit on the intake manifold and then rig up the K&N assembly from another vehicle. thanks

britannic
10-23-2003, 15:37
The Hummer H1 N/A diesel 6.2L and 6.5L are basically the same as the 6.2L and 6.5L civilian engines (different exhaust manifolds and if there's a turbo installed, the intake is radically different). I have the military 6.2L in my rig and have no problems installing civilian parts onto it.

Is there a way you could buy the kit, try it for size and return it if you have to?

aloharovers
10-23-2003, 17:07
Originally posted by antipetroljeep:
Does anyone know of a company who makes or where I could get a intake kit for my 6.2L like the ones used on the hummers. They are like K&N and replace the huge stock air breather intake with a tube that goes from the filter then flattens out slightly and bolts to the intake manifold. Are you talking about the stock military hummer intake?
It's a two piece intake with a hose to the airfilter assy.
Look on ebay for a 6.5 turbo intake. It's a two piece alum housing with a pipe sticking out the side. You could use this with some flex hose and attach to a remote filter.

I have been looking to do something similar but for a snorkle.
Pete

6.2 Cruiser
10-25-2003, 09:50
Here's a link for Marks 4WD in Australia, their products are available ex lusively through Advanced Adaptors. I used this air cleaner adaptor on my Land Cruiser conversion. It is pricey $120 AUS), cast aluminum, but provides a lot of air into the engine, it is not pre-drilled for the attachment studs.

http://www.marks4wd.com/lc-fj60chevdieselv8.htm

the air cleaner adaptor is near the bottom of the page