PDA

View Full Version : Camshaft

palumbo27
10-24-2003, 11:05
I remember someone on here saying something about Crane Cams making a grind for the 6.2 and that they were coming down here to Daytona to look at it or something...What ever happened with that? Does it look to be beneficial? I never see cam upgrades for diesels, they are required to make more power with a gasser, what about diesels?

CleviteKid
10-24-2003, 14:29
That would be me . . . . .

I did visit Crane for a different purpose, and also talked to the top techincal guys about the 6.2 - 6.5L camshaft, and came away with a copy of the grind card. I will be writing it up in more detail; for now just know that they do not change the timing, but do incease the lift of both intake and exhaust considerably. I think this would benefit both the NA and the Turbo engines.

Crane does not stock blanks for our cams, so you need to send them a core that they will grind and return to you.

Dr. Lee :cool:

C.K. Piquup
10-27-2003, 04:40
I posted question about cam mods and was told close clearances forbid any alteration in dynamics.Is there room for some tweeking you say?

CleviteKid
10-28-2003, 22:17
CK:

You can't mess with the opening near TDC on exhaust or the valves will get too friendly with the pistons. But when the piston is out of the way, down the cylinder, the valves can be pushed open a little farther to offer less resistance to the incoming air and the outgoing exhaust.

Dr. Lee :cool: