PDA

View Full Version : Water in fuel, fuel tank, sending unit availability

shamanie
03-02-2004, 16:16
I had, among other problems recently addressed in another thread, a "Water in fuel" light come on. After dtermining that it was not a part of the blown fusible link or short, and finding no water in the fuel, the mechanic said, as of last friday that I would need to "cut the wire to the light and forget it, or buy a new sending unit for the fuel tank."

He said the part could be there by monday or tuesday. I just got a call where I was told the part has been discontinued,(wouldn't they have known that on friday) and that they were looking for an aftermarket tank assembly and sending unit.

Starting to feel a little weird about this. Any suggestions?

On a side note, my fuel guage has not worked for sometime and I was told that a new sending unit would also fix that.

NH2112
03-02-2004, 17:03
What year is your truck? There were some years where the sensor was in the tank, and a drain was installed by the rear axle, and others where the WIF sensor was in the fuel filter.

shamanie
03-02-2004, 18:50
Sorry. 83' blazer.

ropinfool
03-03-2004, 07:22
I've had the water in fuel light come on and stay on twice. Both times it turned out that one of the diodes in the alt. had failed and was passing a/c voltage. Now I'm not sure why that would affect this particular light but it went out after I replaced the alt. both times. Good luck. John