PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a Manuel for my 95 Grumman

Grumman
06-26-2005, 03:04
Hello all you diesel loving fans. I have just bought a 95 Grumman step van (fwd control) that has a 6.5 in it, but the fuel pump is mechanical?? and I have a mechanical in line fuel pump as well. The beast drives well and has a good deal of power. With 3" pipes and all. The beast weight in at 11,000 pounds! But gets out of the way of most.

I would like to know where I can get a Manuel on just the engine? Any ideas?

DmaxMaverick
06-26-2005, 08:08
Welcome to TDP!

Have a look at www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com) . The have GM, and others, shop manuals. For yours, select GMC, then your specific year and chassis.

Grumman
06-26-2005, 08:46
Thank you very much DmaxMaverick! I will have a look. Have an awesome day.

David

Mark Krieger
07-03-2005, 20:07
I've got the 1995 General Motors C/K Truck Service Manuals that need a home. These are a stack of books over 4" tall that originally cost $150. (The same ones the dealer uses.)

Since the C/K trucks also included the 6.5L diesel and matching transmission, there's probably alot of good information here. The main difference would your chassis which is probably a P-30 chassis.

I happen to have a 1988 Grumman Step Van on a GM P-30 chassis with a 6.2L diesel. The cargo area is only 6' wide and 10' long but the GVWR is a hefty 11,300 Lbs. My truck is a retired USPS Parcel Delivery Van.

DmaxMaverick
07-04-2005, 07:56
Unless the price is right, I suggest getting the manual specific to your chassis. While the C/K manual may be somewhat useful, the ~P chassis models can be very different than the C/K's of the same model year. For example, the '95 P-chassis may/may not have mechanical injection, and very different electricals, HVAC.

Grumman
07-04-2005, 17:27
Hello Mark Krieger, how much is the manuel? I'm really enjoying my Grumman... there should be a web page for step vans.
Mine is 20ft bumper to bumper, 7ft wide with a cargo area of 9'6".. it have 3 seats, one behind the passenger(jump) with heavy duty tool bins and a 7kw ele start professional install generator.

David STurm

Mark Krieger
07-04-2005, 20:49
I created a Yahoo group called "StepVan" for owners to support each other. You'll need to sign up and it would be great to have some additional photos uploaded. Right now, there's very few members and very little information!

There's three main manuals I have and I have no clue what a realistic price would be. I'm thinking that I'll list them on eBay and see what happens.

I looked at Helm Incorporated and they still offer the manuals for the P-30 chassis. One of mine is the same manual as the chassis. The manuals are...

- 1995 C/K Truck Service Manual
- 1995 C/K Truck Drivability, Emissions and Electrical Diagnosis Manual.
- 1995 Light Duty Truck Unit Repair Manual

Grumman
07-05-2005, 03:02
Hey Mark,, how do I get my Grumman to show up like yours?

David

Mark Krieger
07-05-2005, 10:02
I changed the photo over at Yahoo to show yours for a while.

By the way, where did you get such a cool vehicle? I really like the lights on top!

To display your photo here, you'll need a web page to host the image, then you point the forums over to your web page.

I am signed up over at MyGMLink.com where you can upload a custom photo and track your service history and stuff. If you right-click on my picture here and then choose properties, you can see the web address it comes from. (MyGMLink.com)

What doesn't work, is to point the forum to your photo over at Yahoo. Yahoo has that all locked down so that there's no way to make it work.

Grumman
07-06-2005, 09:21
Mark.. my Grumman came from the Iowa State Hwy dept. They outfitted it for Hwy use and was used for Electrial. Hence the 7kw generator.

I love it.

David

Grumman
07-06-2005, 11:19
DmaxMaverick
Contributor
Member # 3501

Thanks for the tip.. It was what I was looking for... Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

David ; )