PDA

View Full Version : A/C Leaking

Fumes
03-27-2004, 10:29
I have a 85 GMC Van with the long A6 A/C Compressor. It's been converted to R134 when I added a rear A/C. The problem I'm having is that the 134 leaks out over a period of time (less than a year). It's leaking at the o'rings where the hoses attaches to the back of the compressor. We're hitting the 3rd set :confused: , does anyone know if there is a fix/changeup for this or?? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm heading for Las Vegas in a couple of weeks and will need my A/C, was 95* last weekend.

mirage
03-27-2004, 21:16
I've used the green ones you can pick up at most parts stores and haven't had any problems with them. They're supposed to be compatible with all the types of refrigerant. As a side note, I've switched to Freeze12 and it's been working great, but those green ones aren't *supposed* to break down whatever the refrigerant, but if those are the ones you're using, I don't know what to recommend :).

Petrella
03-28-2004, 08:30
try to find a leak sealer at any place that sells ac stuff, ive used it on my trucks with leaks, and one year later still holding a charge and working great