PDA

View Full Version : trouble in texas

vegchild
07-03-2005, 08:47
Filter change gone wildly awry and I am in a no start situation now. Any Austin 6.2 mechanics? available. thanks coleman

john8662
07-03-2005, 18:41
It's Ok, no mechanic needed, I can walk you through the bleeding of the fuel system if you give me a little more information about your truck. Different year 6.2's had different fuel filtration systems, so they bleed differently.

vegchild
07-04-2005, 05:58
Thanks John I have heard to crack two injectors and turn it ove for a while and I have also heard crack all of them. How long should I turn it over? do I need a helper to see if there is air bubbling out?

5.7L oldsdiesel
07-04-2005, 06:51
First,you should unplug the pick wire on the injection pump.Then crank it over to get fuel into the filter and air out of the filter assembly.Once you get fuel bled through the filter,then you can plug that wire back on,and then bleed the engine through the injector lines.

grape
07-04-2005, 08:08
jump 12 volts to the hpca valve on the top cover of the injection pump, while you are cranking to get fuel to the filter.

NH2112
07-04-2005, 13:10
I just replaced the IP on my truck, and loosened all 8 injector lines as well as removed the glow plugs. I cranked till fuel squirted from the injector lines (10 seconds or so, 1 minute wait), tightened them, and cranked till diesel mist blew out of the glow plug holes. It fired up and ran the very first try after that.

vegchild
07-05-2005, 17:03
thanks all y'all as we say round here.
I am looking forward to workingon this tomorrow (wed). Just which of the two spade bits on the IP am I jumping to? there is a large and a small. also, is it necessary to do this if I have filled to fuel filter manually?
also, hearing some people say crack all injector tubes and others say just a few.
the local knowitalls are telling me to shoot her with ether which is exactly what the air cleaner says not it. what does it do to the motor by way of harm? WD40 is better? thanks