PDA

View Full Version : IP problems

Blzr6.2'83
07-06-2005, 15:12
I posted this in the 6.2 forum but no one is in there and I am in a crunch so I posted it here.
This is on an NA 6.2.
I put in a new injection pump and it pumps too much fuel and creates a lot of black smoke. I decided to turn it down. I followed a web site and opened up the govenor housing, but mine had a spring and rod in the way unlike the picture of the one in the website. I put it back together and decided i would drive it the way it was untill i asked how to get that off. I started it and the rpm went up fast so i turned that car off, but the engine kept running above idle. I unplugged everything and it finally shut off when i pulled a line off a fuel filter. What could have gone wrong? How do you take the spring out so that I can turn the fuel down?
Thanks,
Kyle

diesel65
07-06-2005, 18:23
When you reassembled the pump your shutoff solenoid linkage got jammed.
There is a certain way reinstall the cover back on the pump, First remove the cover again, then as you try reinstall the cover, position it a little forward of where it should be then lower it down onto the pump them slide it back to line up the screw holes.
After you get it buttoned up again you need to make sure the shut off solenoid is free, turn the ignition on and after the glow plugs stop cycling disconnect the pink wire on the pump and then touch the wire to the terminal and see if you can hear the solenoid clicks inside the pump.

Blzr6.2'83
07-06-2005, 19:40
Ok, thanks for the help,
Kyle