PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Power magazine

More Power
07-19-2005, 12:19
One of the writers for Diesel Power magazine contacted me some months ago, mentioning he was working on a 6.2L diesel rebuild project for a future issue. I had sent him a bunch of info at that time. A few days ago he sent me a selection of digital images showing where their 6.2 project currently was. The engine was assembled in the photos (shot in a studio), and looks great. Silver block/heads, sorta Caterpillar yellow sheet metal and black water pump/backing plate - set up for a serpentine belt accessory drive system.

The engine has a Banks Sidewinder turbo system, produced for the 88-98 GMT400 body style trucks.

I haven't been able to find their bi-monthly mag on the newsstands, but plan to send in a subscription card. smile.gif

MP

Craig M
07-20-2005, 05:46
When I checked their web site a few months ago, it stated no subscriptions, only to be sold at news stands.

dmmotes
07-20-2005, 06:15
I have found the magazine at the local Safeway you might try that if you have one locally. Also there is a subscription button towards the top left of the www.dieselpowermag.com (http://www.dieselpowermag.com) site. Do you know what month they will be running ther 6.2 article??? Thanks Don

More Power
07-20-2005, 09:53
I wasn't told what issue the 6.2 might appear in (the writer may not even know). It normally takes about 3-5 months between the time an article is submitted and it appears in the magazine.

Those of you planning to attend the Rendezvous in SLC will likely get an opportunity to meet one or more of the Diesel Power writers (a few other magazines will be there as well). smile.gif

Jim