PDA

View Full Version : Pyro users....

Toddster
06-01-2003, 07:38
Anybody monitoring both banks with the same brand Pyro ? I'm running the Dakota Digital in the passenger bank and a TST pyro in the drivers bank....There is a consistant say 80 degree (average) difference between both banks with the passenger bank being the hotter of the two....This is at a steady cruise to eliminate the fact the TST reads temp changes just a tick quicker than the Dakota....I guess the question is, is it the different Pyro's or is there actually a EGT difference in the two banks ?

sdaver
06-01-2003, 08:04
I think the drivers side has a more restrictive manifold......kennedy altered his http://www.kennedydiesel.com/dmaxexhaustmods.html .......it was cast in to clear steering ........any way that could account for the difference.............dave

[ 06-01-2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: sdaver ]

Toddster
06-01-2003, 08:31
Great point Dave, Mackdaddy brought this up in our convo yesterday....We just need a dude or dudette with the same brand "dual pyro" set up to prove this theory.... :cool:

Idle_Chatter
06-01-2003, 09:57
Toddster, could you just swap your probe wires to the other gauges to see what happens?

Toddster
06-01-2003, 10:11
Unfortunately, nope....Completely different probes so you cant move from manifold to manifold....Yes, I did think of just switching the probes to the opposite guage but was told this would NOT give an accurate reading to either guage....How true that is, not to sure.... :confused:

Dave Lewis
06-01-2003, 12:14
If the drivers side is more restricted than the passengers, wouldn't the drivers side be hotter? :confused:

mackin
06-01-2003, 12:28
Originally posted by Dave Lewis:
If the drivers side is more restricted than the passengers, wouldn't the drivers side be hotter? :confused: That would depend on the location of the restriction as to where the probe actually is located .... Or perhaps the right bank just runs hotter do to turbo inlet restriction .....
Duno....

Mac
:confused: