PDA

View Full Version : JK Exhaust

lbrown
06-01-2003, 18:49
OK, I've finally done it. The hot juice and 4" exhaust is enroute!
Is it possible to get the stock exhaust off withiut cutting it, and if you do, where is the best place to make the cut.
Also, from what I can gather you need to ease the juice in and give the trans. time to adjust. I dont know if I can keep from going straight to level 4 and start decreasing the diameter of my tires! Thanks, Larry

mackin
06-01-2003, 19:00
Originally posted by lbrown:
OK, I've finally done it. The hot juice and 4" exhaust is enroute!
Is it possible to get the stock exhaust off withiut cutting it, and if you do, where is the best place to make the cut.
Also, from what I can gather you need to ease the juice in and give the trans. time to adjust. I dont know if I can keep from going straight to level 4 and start decreasing the diameter of my tires! Thanks, Larry I got mine off in two pieces no cut .... Unbolt at the flange ,the rear portion must come forward over differential .... Remove rear shock on right side ...Put a length of 6x6 on the jack saddle and jack under right rear courner of frame until you can clear the hump in the tailpipe ....

Kicking or prying the hangers out of the rubber hangers is the pain ...Use some sort of spray lube ... Do the downpipe portion first as not to disturb the Turbo/manifold area that much ...Sounds harder then it is ... About an hour and a half I had mine off and the Banks on ...

Mac :D :D :D

[ 06-02-2003, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: mackin ]