PDA

View Full Version : 3.78 $ gal us / 0.99$ liters / Time for Heating Oil

b757200er
07-07-2005, 15:07
Hi Guys. In Montreal at 1.00 per liter is time to figure out if heating oil is good or not. Is some of you have tried it ? Additives ? Is LP Gas (propane) works in a diesel engine ? Any Comments ? Help please because I gonna move out of this province, I'm just ****ed off of all taxes, Thanks :mad:

convert2diesel
07-07-2005, 21:02
Careful with heating oil. Here in Canada they colour it red. The dye they use can be detected even after 6 months.

Don't now the ramifications in PQ, but here in Ontario, they are known to charge (fine)you the road taxes based upon the total mileage on the vehicle...even if you only used one tankful!!! Trust me, any MTO inspector would love to have that bump on his record.

I have been using homemade bio-diesel now for three years and would love to have an inspector call me on it. Personal use only, pay taxes on the chemicals, environmentally friendly....let the lawyers have at it.

Currently paying about 23 cents/liter (not including my time) but do have to mix it 50/50 with #1 after mid October. Your welcome to come down to Ottawa and see how we do it. We are now making 300 liter batches every three weeks or so.

Another option is to take a trip down to the reservation at Akwasasney (sp?) on the NY side (only 1 hour from Montreal)with a couple of 45 gal drums. They are apparently the cheapest on the Eastern seaboard. Last time I checked they were at $1.60 (US)/USgal.

At least now I have some control over this situation.

Bill

b757200er
07-08-2005, 04:58
Thanks Convert2Diesel for your advice. But I guess the fine here in Qu

Seven-Time
07-08-2005, 06:32
Originally posted by convert2diesel:
Careful with heating oil. Here in Canada they colour it red. The dye they use can be detected even after 6 months.

Don't now the ramifications in PQ, but here in Ontario, they are known to charge (fine)you the road taxes based upon the total mileage on the vehicle...even if you only used one tankful!!! Trust me, any MTO inspector would love to have that bump on his record.

I have been using homemade bio-diesel now for three years and would love to have an inspector call me on it. Personal use only, pay taxes on the chemicals, environmentally friendly....let the lawyers have at it.

Currently paying about 23 cents/liter (not including my time) but do have to mix it 50/50 with #1 after mid October. Your welcome to come down to Ottawa and see how we do it. We are now making 300 liter batches every three weeks or so.

Another option is to take a trip down to the reservation at Akwasasney (sp?) on the NY side (only 1 hour from Montreal)with a couple of 45 gal drums. They are apparently the cheapest on the Eastern seaboard. Last time I checked they were at $1.60 (US)/USgal.

At least now I have some control over this situation.

Bill

Barry Nave
07-09-2005, 05:42
Fuel$
Get's to us all :eek:

arveetek
07-09-2005, 14:18
Convert2Diesel,

Would you mind contacting me off board?

I have a few questions about your bio-diesel process, and I hope you wouldn't mind talking to me a bit. Mainly, I'm trying to find out if water-washing the processed fuel is absolutely necessary or not. There seems to be a lot of controversy on this subject.

My email addy is arveetek AT j s c o m m DOT net (leave out the spaces).

Thanks in advance!

Casey