PDA

View Full Version : VA Stacker

mackin
06-01-2003, 19:22
I may have the opportunity to pick up a VA pressure box 0,30,70 + switch for a decent deal I can't pass up if it happens ....Although I really don't need and I shouldn't but I could always panhandle .... ;) Lots of deals to be had lately ...

Question is who can take the timing out for me, anyone here, or someone have a contact?? Not positive if Jannetty can,I know he sells them,I guess I could call ....Can any dealer do them like the Juice ??

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

WhiteDuramax
06-01-2003, 19:51
Pass some of them deals on then Mac, if there are many to be had, I need a stacker but havent found a used one yet. Use that predator of yours, it stacks great trust me, 85hp plus level 3 on your juice ;)

GMCTRUCK
06-01-2003, 20:17
Man, I take the guy for one ride and show him what a fast truck is (with a bum TST controller no less)and I've ruined his whole weekend. Now he wants to stack this and run that. I bet he hasn't slept a wink since Fri. Mac, I know it's been raining all day but, your keyboard must be smoke'n. I bet you've added over 200 posts just today. :D ;) tongue.gif

big dipper
06-01-2003, 20:55
If I knew how to post pictures, I could show you what clutches look like after a few good blasts. Although, it seems there are different power levels for the VA "Stacker". Some are mild mannered, although I have no experience with them.

George

Kennedy
06-02-2003, 08:32
George,

I've about given up on trying to steer guys away from stacking and blowing through their trans.

Al I will say is that if you do not see crisp, concise drop of the tach needle to about 2500rpm (same as WOT run with stock power levels) on a shift, you are blowing it away....

mackin
06-02-2003, 13:48
Originally posted by kennedy:
George,

I've about given up on trying to steer guys away from stacking and blowing through their trans.

Al I will say is that if you do not see crisp, concise drop of the tach needle to about 2500rpm (same as WOT run with stock power levels) on a shift, you are blowing it away.... So I can take that as a you wont ?? Or cannot reprogram the older or newer VA boxes ??

Are you not the one who said the pressure boxes work well with the pulse boxes ?? ;)

Maybe I need glasses ........... http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Not looking for an endorsement and I'm well aware of the "possible" out come,thank's for the warning ...Doesn't the HOT juice come with a waiver ??? Last I knew it did ...I was just trying to throw you a bit of business...

Mac

Kennedy
06-02-2003, 14:07
I can do it, but your tranny is going to suffer.

Not sure how I want to address this though. I have a source for a custom program for the VA, but not sure if he'd sell the program. I have a program too, but my cable is lent out. There is also a harness mod as well. Not sure if I want to modify existing boxes, or just sell one ready to go...

Toddster
06-02-2003, 19:18
Mackdaddy, the timing is looped out of the VA I am running....Very simple to do....Programmers like Quad, Bully Dog, and others claim to "reflash" these pressure boxes after looping out the timing but I can't say for sure....Get the box, we will loop out the timing and see how she goes ! Remember we have a comparison box, Bully Dog claimed the "King D" box I have is flashed to 60/100 ???

king D
06-02-2003, 19:33
toddster you are right on the timing being taken out and it can be done ,the prob arises when the timing is removed and another box is piggybacked with it the va picks up the timing from the stacker,so you must loop the timing away from the va to keep the timing out...jess

[ 06-03-2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: More Power ]

mackin
06-02-2003, 19:37
Originally posted by Toddster:
Mackdaddy, the timing is looped out of the VA I am running....Very simple to do....Programmers like Quad, Bully Dog, and others claim to "reflash" these pressure boxes after looping out the timing but I can't say for sure....Get the box, we will loop out the timing and see how she goes ! Remember we have a comparison box, Bully Dog claimed the "King D" box I have is flashed to 60/100 ??? ;)

You da man ..... Looking like real soon ......Just waiting for the guy to get back to me ...May be unneccesary thanks to KingD .....Dead Presidents in hand ....

Mac :D :D :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-02-2003, 19:37
KING D,

Let Mackin know,

WE WILL TALK,

Hey, you got mail MAC:D

GMC ;)

mackin
06-02-2003, 19:46
Originally posted by GMC-2002-Dmax:
KING D,

Let Mackin know,

WE WILL TALK,

Hey, you got mail MAC:D

GMC ;) Your server is sloooooooow ,no mail .... Or should I be waiting on the curb for it ???

Mac
:eek: :eek: :eek:

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-02-2003, 19:51
MACKIN,

GMC ;)

[ 06-02-2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]

king D
06-02-2003, 19:54
mackin whats your email address i cant find it .jess or kingcrooked aol

mackin
06-02-2003, 19:58
Originally posted by king D:
mackin whats your email address i cant find it .jess or kingcrooked aol stnls188@aol.com

WhiteDuramax
06-02-2003, 21:16
King D, email me about the pressure box, I am interested. Thanks
chevrolet942500@hotmail.com

GMCTRUCK
06-03-2003, 19:45
Does the pressure box typically enhance a certain range of the powerband ie. low, mid, high? Or does it improve across the board? Basically where are you gonna feel it the most? Jesse.

Kennedy
06-03-2003, 20:17
I haven't seen a huge amount of torque, maybe 40-50 lb/ft. When you start to dump the fuel that hard and that early, it's tough to get enough air to burn it decent. I guess some nitrous may help clean it up. Reality is, you just won't be below 2500RPM anyhow.

There are many different programs out there. I've run 2 different ones same day, same dyno and seen a solid 10HP difference...

I'm not trying to keep you guys from trying to keep up in the HP dept, and in fact WILL help if needed. I just want to make it clear that whether you limp your tranny or not, you WILL be shortening it's life if you do this, mark my words... http://visordown.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout.gif

[ 06-03-2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: kennedy ]

GMCTRUCK
06-03-2003, 20:31
Thanks John. I was just curious about what they typically add and where when stacked and you answered that. I don't plan on stacking myself as I'm already beyond the point where my clutch should have turned itself into a buffing wheel. smile.gif

CPMac632
06-03-2003, 23:12
I dug my last dyno charts out and with the stacker I picked up 25 hp and the increase was from 2700 up. I picked up 30 ftlbs and that was also above 2700 but I lost some torque under 2000. Same day same everything but I only stacked it on the big setting on my other box. I wish I would have tried it stacked on a lower setting to see if the gains were consistent.

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-04-2003, 18:23
sig test