PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a DuraMaximizer??

Mike Vonada
04-24-2002, 11:54
Just got off the phone with the guys at Pacific Performance Engineering about their DuraMaximizer. They are claming 100hp gain (on the dyno at the rear wheels 82hp)
Anyone got one on their rig yet?? Like to see how it works before I jump and I am looking at the Juice box also.
Thanks for any input.
Mike

tmg115
04-24-2002, 16:04
the duramaximizer is great. i love it. it is well worth every penny. i would say get it. it is just awsome.

JEBar
04-24-2002, 19:05
I'm also highly interested in the maximizer, looking forward to reading all post from those with experience with this product.

Kennedy
04-24-2002, 20:08
I have minimal experience with this box, but have had ZERO problems in the time that I have run it.

Rich C would likely be the best to comment...

GM Smitty
04-24-2002, 20:16
The Duramaximizer is really starting to look inviting. I was set on the Juice, but with the back ordering and recent problems, I'm swaying. I can't wait much longer.
Does anyone know of any new developments from other companies?

tmg115
04-24-2002, 20:40
the way i see it is the duramaximizer has to be the best one out right now. it dosn't set off codes and it adds tons of power. it seems safe and i have not or heard of any problems with it. it is all around a great product.

BDAZMAX
04-24-2002, 23:51
What a great product!!
Nothing like having the button there on the dash just "darin" ya to turn it. :D
If you are ever in the Cincinnati area stop down at my Speed Shop (Cincyspeed)and Ill take ya for a spin.
I also have 4 of them in stock.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: BDAZMAX ]</p>

JEBar
04-25-2002, 04:14
BDAZMAX: Should be able to purchase a maximizer within the next 60 to 90 days. Info on price, shipping, warranty and such would be appreciated. email...excellcapt@aol.com :confused:

Mike Vonada
04-25-2002, 07:42
I appreciate all the responses and I realized I should have asked this in the first post.

Anyone taking before and after readings on an EGT guage?

Any G-tech meters available to anyone for some readings with it off and then on?

I need to go get my G-tech meter from a friend of mine that I loaned to over a year ago!! tongue.gif

Also this unit works by changing the pulse rate of the injectors and adding just a bit more fuel and then changes the transmission shift points.

Any clue how the Juice box works??? :confused:

AzKevin
04-25-2002, 17:14
The Mizer's claimed 400hp rear wheel seems extremely high. Assuming an 18% drivetrain loss, this box would need to add 183 Crank HP or 150 RWHP. The Allison is suppose to slip in the 100 to 150hp range. What am I missing here???

Anyone seen a dyno plot of the Mizer???

tmg115
04-25-2002, 17:29
i have a few duramaximizers left if anyone wants one.

RichC
04-25-2002, 18:21
I have the Duramaximizer on my 02 CC DMax. I have not run any other boxes so I can't compare. What I like about it is the easy of operation. It sets no codes anywhere anytime anyhow. I have run it through the mill with no problem.

AZKEVIN They never claimed 400rwhp. What they claim is 100hp above stock. Stock claim is 300 which is actually 240+ reaa wheel. The Dmaximizer pushes this to about 320HP (approximately), when you run it at the top. I run mine about 1/4 open most of the time. With the unit set on high it is too easy to burn the tires (Firestone Steeltex 265)

The main drawback to the Dmaximiser is that it does not operate on Cruise Control. I have talked to them about this and they are working on that problem. When you order one you need to ask them to program the Cruise in to the unit.

I do not have a G-Tech, but if someone will loan me one I will make some runs with it.

My EGT probe is in the transition between 3.5" and 4".(Kennedy Exhaust) I am not seeing much increase in EGT, but I only tow about 10,000 lbs max.

GM Smitty
04-25-2002, 18:36
I'm a bit confused. Why would the Maximizer not work with the cruise on. I want to get on the highway towing my 12000lbs, set the cruise at 70, and feel the difference (less downshifting, holding speed on hills, etc.)
So once I set the cruise, my DMax returns to stock power even with the Maximizer turned up? That's a big drawback!

bbugg
04-25-2002, 18:59
I think I had one of the first ones on this site and I've run over 10,000 miles with the Duramaximizer with no problems. It's cool...

tmg115
04-25-2002, 19:26
GM Smitty
i believe you can request it to work for cruis control. but when you think about it you really wouldn't need it while you are crussing. only for when you are going up a grade.

AzKevin
04-25-2002, 19:35
RichC,

The Mizer's advertising banner of 400 RWHP on the top of the page must be a typo.

midwest
04-25-2002, 19:50
THE MAX MAKES 400 HP WITH PROPANE. THE REASON CRUISE DOES NOT WORK IS BECAUSE THEY GET POWER AND GROUND AND VEHICLE SPEED REFERENCE FROM THE CRUISE CONTROL MODULE CONNECTOR THAT YOU HAVE TO UNHOOK. I WON'T EVEN LOOK AT A PRODUCT THAT WON'T WORK WITHOUT CRUISE. JUST BE PATIENT THE EDGE WILL BE DONE SHORTLY. WOULDN'T YOU RATHER HAVE SOMETHING RIGHT THAN JUST OK. I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE OF THE EDGE AND IT'S CAPABILITIES AND IT WORKS WELL EVEN WITH THE CRUISE.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: midwest ]</p>

BDAZMAX
04-25-2002, 21:32
What are you talking about? My Cruise works fine..@,1/4 turn, 1/2 turn, All the way.
(Ill double check it in the morning on the way to work to make sure it wasnt a "GLICH")
Sofar no codes.
It still Amazes my friends and customers when I climb into the throttle then reach over and turn the switch, They cant believe that a truck this size...A DIESEL TRUCK this size can move out like that. They keep telling me to "DO IT AGAIN"

christo
04-25-2002, 21:49
We have 2 Duramax K2500's with the Alisons.
One has the Duramaximizer and the other does not.
When we have done our 'pep tests'- standing starts to 80 mph with the Duramaximizer off the two trucks are about identical 0-80 mph.
But turn the Duramaximizer on- no contest it's
gone. Big diff.

Christo.

Kennedy
04-26-2002, 07:01
The Duramaximizer is APP referenced. Because of this, it is not in operation when cruise is on. This is because the APP signal is not used when on cruise control and the pedal never moves. It does NOT affect the operation of cruise control, nor interfere with it.

I never knew there was a cruise module. Last I knew, the cruise was controlled in the ECM...

Keep in mind, the Dmaximizer WILL work on cruise if you manually apply throttle thereby giving the ECM an APP signal. An example would be if you swung out to pass someone.

The long and the short of it is this: Yes, the 400HP claim is a little deceiving. That is what the truck makes on the Maximizer and propane. No it is not the most powerful or dynamic box out there, BUT it does work flawlessly...

midwest
04-29-2002, 14:41
John you are correct about no cruise module on the dmax.When I talked to them at Pacific the guy I talked to did not know s**t from apple butter about his product. He said that cruise does not work with maximizer. When I questioned him why he said that they unplug the cruise module on the firewall and get power, ground,and vss.I was so frusterated talking to someone who didn't know anything, I just pictured the cruise stepper motor like on silverado gas trucks.I know full well this is a drive by wire app system.Sorry for the mis info,I guess I didn't think about it.

mackin
04-29-2002, 15:32
The cruise works just like stock with the "JUICE".....What for the Juice I'm telling you'll be pleased..........Runs clean...No stumbles....It runs like it came that way...Put it this way instead of waiting for the one up min ship and spending anouther $37.789.63 for a new truck year after year to get it.........You get it all at once.......
MAC :D :D :D

ALLIMAX
04-29-2002, 16:20
I haved one of the first Maximiser produced and it has worked flawlessly. Check out the article in the May issue of Off Road magazine. On the dyno test that was run it shows a rear wheel improvment of 71 HP and an increase of rear wheel torque of 138 lb-ft. That is 318 rear HP and 556 lb-ft torque. I have not set off one code since it was installed. Compare the 318 Hp figure to the rear wheel Hp that other chips have been dynoed at. I think they are around 290.

madmax7
04-29-2002, 17:02
The Duramaximiser looks harder to install than the edge, and harder to make stock when and if there are any problems.

With out a dyno chart, it is hard to say how a chip performs (correct me if I am wrong). Peak horsepower levels are not the only concern. A chip that does less horsepower, but is more appropriately delivered (flatter curve) will feel nad be quicker and more useful than one that is more peaky at higher revs.

MaxNouT
04-29-2002, 17:20
The Edge Products Juice box will be out very soon.
The Maximizer bumps up fuel pressure and that worries me.Like lots of other people,I'm anxiously
waiting for the arrival of the Juice box.I
believe it will be worth the wait...... ;) ;) ;)

JEBar
04-29-2002, 18:57
allimax/kennedy/christa/bdazmax/bbugg/richc ===&gt; Couldn't stand it any longer .... 4/29/02, just called in an order for a Maximizer. Note current product can be ordered, at no additional cost, to work with cruise control. Should be here in 3 days, hope to install this weekend. Want to really thank all you folks for taking the time to post your opinions on this product, you all helped me make up my mind to spring for the Maximizer :cool:

mackin
04-29-2002, 19:29
IMHO the Edge Juice is making more torque in the 60 hp setting then the DMAXIMIZER will make ever.......As reported at BD DYNO DAYS (see below)..........Torque is where it's at when you gotta move something.......The best part is easy install and no in the cab switches or dial's.............OH ya plus it ROCK'S

Did you see the guy with the "JUICE" run? He claims in the 60 HP setting he turned 292/680 respectively .... Not bad considering there is 30 HP remaining setting.....Just for a 10 min plug in not to shabby.....

(NO COPY RIGHT PROBLEM I HOPE )
As Reported on JK's site===========&gt;DuraMax and Allison performance tuning

4 Levels of power from 30 Hp and 120 lbs ft. to 90 Hp and 230 lbs ft of torque that are set through a routine with the ignition key, accelerator pedal and gear shift lever.
The engine performance is achieved by increasing the duration of the injection and the time it occurs. The power is only available once the engine is up to 80% of the engines operating temperature and is programmed to occur early in the throttle pedal travel.
Transmission monitoring occurs and if clutch slippage is indicated the power is backed down to stock levels and then gradually stepped back in. The power also is backed off when shifting occurs into on when in convertor lock.
THE REAL DEAL---------------&gt;BUILT IN SAFETY=======&gt;Just remember $37,970.63 dollars..Right NUT'N BUT GMC..........OF course JK has not seen one (I GUESS) but I have ,and works flawless as addvertised.......
MAC

:D :D

AzKevin
04-29-2002, 20:15
MaxNouoT said "The Edge Products Juice box will be out very soon."

Please enlighten those of us still waiting for the real deal! :D

Kennedy
04-30-2002, 07:46
My std disclaimer to all running a fuel psi box: Watch the oil for fuel dilution. While this can occur with non modified trucks, it has a greater liklihood of occurring once the pressure is raised. The first sign will be noticeably lower oil psi, backed by increased oil level.

Mackin: As for the Juice, my prediction is that it will be ready Mid May in TRUE production form. Im sure once the timing tables are integrated into the system, a little more testing will be required. Some of this testing will likely occur at the DP Rendezvous...

RWSDIESEL
05-01-2002, 04:10
mackin,
Just an observation, you seem to be one of the only ones with an edge box, with the production edge units experiencing problems with delays up to 2 months according to edge.
Did you receive your pre-lim unit for free in trade for your extensive promotion on this site?
Us members asked you several times prior where did you and how did you get your unit??,maybe you overlooked those questions but can you please answer and let us all know.
I would also like to hear from others that have the edge, after all 1 or 2 persons with the unit is not too convincing as to the reliability. Please convince me. I await.

mackin
05-01-2002, 15:47
RWSDIESEL,

First thing first, I DO not feal my integrity, or my honesty is in judgment here, nor do I take this in anyway personal..So throw no MARSHMALLOWS my way ......... I'm not dodging anything .........

If you knew me in person, not in cyber world,you would know I TELL IT LIKE IT IS ...I'M NO SUGAR COATER....NO B.S.'ER........ I've backed it up with PICS so you know I got one .........

It's a very simple answer...It is all in who you know...It works...I found out very early on about this performance box ............ I Was on a first come first serve base's ........ I Put a call into Aaron some time ago (long time ago)...If you think back, I was one of the first ones to bring it up...Every body was, saying remake, remake, Van Aakon spin off.....I said no way...............
LOW and BEHOLD .? I got one ....... I truly know a lot of DODGE owners, EDGE is know to be a true performer in there trucks .... ;) .... As to what my JUICE capacity is, I can only go on what I was told. Have no access to equipment to test nor desire too ...... Put it this way if this is as good as it gets I'll take it ............. If it gets better as JK says I 'll need medical assistance .....

Did you receive your pre-lim unit for free in trade for your extensive promotion on this site?

Everything I do is of my own free will . I am not being paid nor getting anything "FREE,"I wish ........... I was a LUCKY guy to get one ....... If you were to go for a ride in my truck I assure you would be very impressed ......... Fell free to send a person my way for a non bias opinion ....... There is plenty of people here in CT and surronding area .......... Know anyone, trust anyone? As you know I have extended my offer to meet up with a few guys ..... I will be meeting up with a guy this weekend hopefully ...... If he chimes in please by all means contact him personally for a true judgment ....... Hay call JANNATTY racing in WATERBURY CT. Talk to FRANK he may find it a bit odd but what to hell......... He drove my truck ....... DODGE OWNER TOO,IMPRESSED,HIS QUOTE WAS LEAVE IT ALONE ,AS POSTED PREVIOUSLY (Got Guages)........ If you think I'm throwing them a bone with a HTML link, it's because I got a Quality install, and will pass it on to some CT GENT'S paid a good price too. Want to see my receipt? I have taken a few D-MAX friends for rides..Each and every one will get one. I assure you ....... I will not post names nor numbers here ..... I have posted my E-MAIL addy here ...... I have spoken via phone with a handful of members here, some on a regular personal basis ............. As far as you, or any one out there waiting ...... Don't, I don't care as I said I have no affiliation with EDGE I do not sell them ,make them,or gain any revenue from them,as mentioned above......... I know it's tuff to believe a person who has nothing to gain..... "BUT BRAGGING RIGHTS"..........Oh well, TUFF TI**Y SAID THE KITTY,BUT THE "JUICE" IS STILL GOOD......Soon Jk will have one in his hands, an EZ AMP ...... He'll let you know all about it ........ I'm willing to bet he will claim hands down it out performs existing boxes ....... For safety, all around drivability, and performance ........ Hay the clocks ticking, when you get one and all the other nay sayers ........ ALL I wanna here is, "MAC IS NO B.S.'ER" ............
My truck RIP'S just like his .......... Now go call Aaron or someone, and order one before they are all gone ......... :D :D
MAC

on edit.......Why did you dodge my question are you a GM tech........Or was it an over -site ?If so all above is FALSE....... it's a friends truck...LOL

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

AlaskaDmax
05-01-2002, 16:09
MAC,

Do you intake alot of caffine?! :D

mackin
05-01-2002, 16:45
AlaskaDmax,

Why would you ask that?...Been know to have a couple cup's here and there,there and here,my passenger side floor is littered with Dunkin Dounut cup's doesn't mean I got a problem,Does it?...........Was I rambling.......DAM, again......... :D :D
MAC tongue.gif

JEBar
05-01-2002, 16:49
As noted above, 2 days ago I placed an order for a Maximizer. Was told at that time they had units in stock which worked with the vehicle cruse control engaged. Must have talked to the same fellow who Midwest spoke with because I received a call today saying they won't have a model which will work with a vehicle's cruise control for another 2-3 weeks. I'm willing to wait so for me it wasn't any problem, just wanted to make sure I corrected the info given earlier.

In reading as much as possible about all available boxes, it became clear to me that the Maximizer would most likely be the best one to meet my needs. I have no doubt that Mack's is exactly what he needs as well. As one who is way to old (and cheap) to be interested in burning rubber, the Maximizer had the following features which were right for me. 1) I want a unit I can control from the cab. Much of the time I will not need the added power and for those times I want to run my truck completely stock. When I need/want a boost, I want to be able to get it with minimal effort. 2) I want a unit which has a proven track record for reliability, over time, but folks in the field who use it under a wide range of conditions on an everyday basis. 3) Because I pull 6 different types/sizes of trailers, I want a unit which gives me the largest number of power options.

By stating the above, I do not intend to put down any other box. Simply to state that I'm glad there appears to be multiple very good units on the market ..... none of which will be right for everybody. :rolleyes:

imported_
05-01-2002, 16:57
i have to agree with mack on this one. I tested the beta box and yours truly even performed the dyno run at bd power (pics to prove).if it was at all possible i am sure i could have had a test box as well but i do believe ya mack! If they get that timing issue straightened around imho we will NOT see 90 hp....there will be slightly more. although my seat time with the juice was short it was SCHWEET!

RWSDIESEL
05-02-2002, 00:42
Mackin,

Thanks for not taking personal, I was just trying to heat up the marshmallows for you

mackin
05-02-2002, 15:58
RWSDIESEL,

Well, you see ...........

Help us save money with your contacts.

I tried to do just that once and it was misinterpreted.........But I really enjoy posting here......So as not to interrupt my membership.... I will adhere to the DP's policy,see below.......So I will not elaborate but to say ........It is not worth it when people misrepresent themselves and LURK in the shadows, not you, but others...........Sorry.....

MAC :D :D :D

The DP'S policy...Case you didn't read the small print when you signed up.......

Please note that commercial exploitation, classified advertisements, group purchasing, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other solicitations are inappropriate on this Bulletin Board unless specifically approved in advance by TheDieselPage.com administrators.

tmg115
05-02-2002, 16:32
thows with the duramaximizer, can you tell its there? on mine i can't tell it is there untill i really get into it. but should you notice a big diference and can you all smoke your tires from a dead stop?