PDA

View Full Version : SICK OF WAITING, GOT GUAGES

mackin
04-25-2002, 18:46
That's right no time, truck won't fit in garage had money burning a whole in my pocket, paid for an install, GUAGES.........They are so LOOKING LIKE THEY BELONG THERE, it was worth it to me.......SEE PICS..........Ha plus I got a warranty. So if'in they break'ie they fix'ie for free ......... Quality workmanship and product.......

First of JANNETTY RACING is top notch install people..Real friendly for DODGE folk ..... There head mechanic Frank did my guages and if you would like to see his CUMMINS run at the drags see there web page and link to multi media down the bottom ...... View the MPEG

I went there "JUICE" in .. Allthough a distributor they do not have one..Soon tho.

When Frank was done..HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT..He took MY truck for a spin........It's nice to meet a non BS DODGE GUY.....He was "VERY" impressed ..... Said I got a SWEET set up.......Wouldn't change a thing but exhaust to lower EGT'S...Said he pulled a 1200 reading......But wasn't pushing it ......OK I think after I seen his MIGHTY DODGE he knows one way how to drive it, if you know what I mean....That (HIS) truck is massive......
He also knows, and so do I know, the guy with the fastest D-MAX around us, well before he meet me that is.......
Not going into any great detail about his truck for obvious reasons.....Those that know my E-MAIL want more info drop me a dime off the record........The one mod he is running is the BD box set up by JANNETTY RACING.......Sorry, but HE SAID MY TRUCK WILL SMOKE IT............So for the nah sayers about EDGE there you have it......From an HONEST guy who knows DIESEL PERFORMANCE.........

While I was there I seen a 5" exhaust system.....WHOLLY CRAP it is huge......I told them it should come with a warning not to allow small kids to play in or around like a well shaft.......It is Massive.....Frank has it on his DODGE doesn't look to big for his rig tho.......I'm tempted......LOL
MAC :D :D

I knew I'd forget something.......JANNETTY is putting in a "ON SITE" dyno designed around Diesels......OH YA .......Are we talking DYNO "BEER RUN" HERE IN THE NORTH EAST CORRIDOR? Oh ya and FRANK like some others have a hard time dyno'ing there truck. Traction is a weakness so it is not an accurate reading .......In addition (I was told) they are and will have adapters to put GUMMY SLICKS on if they cannot tie them done good enough.........DAM, CT is looking good right now to me for having some summer fun......... tongue.gif tongue.gif
MAC

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Mic
04-25-2002, 19:00
Very Nice! :cool: :cool:

They did a FINE job.

AzKevin
04-25-2002, 19:30
mackin,

Very nice job!!! How much do the professionals charge for a gauge install? Did they discount the install if you purchase the gauges from them?

By the way, can you confirm or deny that you have the full monty 90hp setup?

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: AzKevin ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
04-25-2002, 20:22
^....Mack Daddy, Nice install and a nice lookin' machine, for a Chevy.... :D :D

I like the wheels.....

I have my "Busted By Radar" annunciator mounted in the same place. Very convenient.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

Silver Bullet
04-25-2002, 21:11
Mack - I like the gauges! My wish list is growing...I may have to get a second job or win the lottery!!!

I also like the speedo pic "d-maxed" out...mine was about the same...96mph with 285s (and a 4-wheeler in the back!)

CONCORDMAX
04-25-2002, 21:34
Mackin

Those are the best looking gauges I have seen so far. I live in Califorina and would like to hook up with those gauges. I don't want to install them myself though. Sure would like to know how much and were I could get them installed. Thanks in advance. smile.gif smile.gif

BDAZMAX
04-25-2002, 21:42
I was debating the Ultra-Lites but went with the Phantom. Man those Ultra-lites look good!!
Ill try and get some updated pitures up of the Phantoms so everyone looking to get Gauges can have an idea of what the finished product looks like(I also opted for the Green Back Lit)
How much did they charge for the install??
I helped a friend of mine do his for a case of Bud-Light!! :D

MaxDMax
04-26-2002, 04:01
I like your install with the Autometers, looks good! I installed the standard Autometers gauges myself about 3 months ago. I just used the guide "Got Gauges" on this site to get the details. They work great. I have been in electronics/computer field for too long to mention (since 1978) that's too many years and I prefer the analog gauges over the digital. A couple on hints on installing these gauges yourself, get a foot or so longer boost gauge hose and I had to get a "T" for the boost gauge install at a local parts store. When I installed the boost gauge the hose came up just a little short, so I had to put the boost gauge on the bottom. No big deal, but at some point I am going to get a longer hose and move the gauges around. I have a picture of them on my picture page. FYI I e-mailed Edge and they told me 2 weeks on the 90hp JUICE box if ordered it this week!!!!

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: MaxDMax ]</p>

PEANUTGRWR
04-26-2002, 07:07
HOW MUCH BOOST ARE YOU SEEING WITH THE JUICE BOX|??? NICE PICS

mackin
04-26-2002, 07:28
Cost me about a DEUCE for the professional install...Worth it to me they do this everyday....Got a warranty on labor + parts....They painted the pillar to match nice job and it matches well......They did it all..Nuts to Bolts........
When their were done you never new they were there, no paw prints, nothing, except for them GREAT LOOKING GUAGES, I now know I have..........Took about 3 hours give or take ,some BS'ING in between......If you got the time with the instructions here I'm sure anyone can do.......I didn't have the time, unfortunately, so I paid.....I like to tinker with my own rig.....But if I let anyone else it will be JANNETTY .........

PEANUTGROWER........Got 28 psi + ...seen 30 didn't
hold it I was going to climb over someone had to let up HE, HEE.....I have my wastgate disconnected in addition. It rips DUDE, it rips.....

hoot
04-26-2002, 07:36
mackin,

Where did they put the pyro and the boost sensor?

mackin
04-26-2002, 08:09
hoot,

See my pics on guages...Added locations.........
Of the drill and tap.......STUFF LOL

hoot
04-26-2002, 09:13
mackin,

That's a first class job. You did good!

Lone Eagle
04-26-2002, 18:43
mackin, I like the gauges. I just spent a little time over on the TDR. Why do you waste you time with those bashers. I really like the story the Okie told about pulling 11,000 lbs over 17 miles of the Teton pass and running down two DMAXs that could only make 25 mph. Teton pass isn't 17 miles long and not all is 6%. Later! Lone Eagle :D

mackin
04-26-2002, 20:30
Lone Eagle,

It's kinda a long story why I started posting there......Short and sweet. It was me in my D-MAX and a D/C on the interstate 91 N in VERMONT on a Friday evening.......He was BOMBED, I was not......He posted some miss leading statements ........Didn't expect me to well, you know...SEE IT......Turned out he was a real nice guy from CT, as The majority there are, decent......There is a whole lot of trash talkers over there believe me........The good thing is there is some decent guys too.....So I get involved with the BS only when it is blatant.....The guy beating two D-MAX'S , I wouldn't even respond...... I know for a fact he wouldn't run by me........I got nothing to prove to them or him......Believe me I know first hand many DODGE owners (friends), that are straight up and tell it like it is..They know the D-MAX "ROCKS", there is no denying it...As a matter of fact, Ran into one guy when I was getting my guages done..His exact quote was, "I should of bought the DURAMAX when I had the chance"......His Dodge is slightly bombed but he has driven and ridden in many D-MAX'ES with the BD box and stock..... I know what my truck can and will do.......Let them say what they will....If you follow the threads long enough the "A" list comes out and cleans it up, and they appreciate a different view that I give them......Actually there is a few guys from here that VISIT there and vise versa.......A couple guys that post here, that own Cummins and are TDR members are very informative,I'm glad they stop by......So yup I kill some time over on the OTHER SIDE.....

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Derek M
04-27-2002, 09:04
Mac,

Your gauge install looks sweet!!

I'm interested in installing gauges in the overhead console. I've got a dead panel at the very front of the OEM console that looks perfect for some 2 1/16" gauges. Though I wonder if there's enough depth. Anyone know?

Thanks

MaxNouT
04-27-2002, 09:34
Going to do the gauge installation the same as
MAC has done. Ordered the gauges and pod pillar from Jeg's.Ordered them in the morning and recieved the item's the next day in the afternoon.This was a UPS ground delivery.
All I have to do now is find the time to do the installation! smile.gif ;) :rolleyes:

mackin
04-29-2002, 17:19
MaXNout.........

Are you done yet............ ;) smile.gif smile.gif
Get that pillar painted will ya..........

MaxNouT
05-09-2002, 18:53
mackin......
It's done ;) ;) smile.gif
Done the gauge install today.
Took my time and it turned out real good.
Better watch it buddy I'm right on your heals....
Gonna work on that exhaust next :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: