PDA

View Full Version : durmax troubles

mechanicwillie
04-25-2002, 21:33
hi gentle men
i like to respond to mackin post.i work on these beast every day.i have had one d-max apart down to crank because somebody left the air snorkle of and the engine got dusted.if you think all the problems are solved by now wrong.i still see 2001 and 2002 coming in with injector and pump problems.the last truck that i worked on had 120.000kms on it.it has been through alot.some of these engines still have defects in them.the amount of these trucks we have sold with d-max engines not one to this day have i seen a major engine problem.i had one with large amount of diesel in the oil the truck is still going.i had another one the fuel system saturated with water cleaned the fuel system ran rough for few seconds then ran like a true durmax.
even though i work on these beast every day and read some of the problems on this forum i still will buy one someday.
i enjoy this forum.have a fine day gentlemen.
1985 chev caviler 230.000kms
1989 chev astro van 235.000kms smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

GT
04-25-2002, 21:37
Thanks Willie

NutNbutGMC
04-25-2002, 21:42
^.... Willie, thanks... You da' man........ Great to have you here, running the gauntlet. :cool: :cool:

mackin
04-26-2002, 04:04
mechanicwillie,

Thanks for your comments...Well put.........

I hope that one doesn't think that I'm implying that this truck is the perfectly engineered and built engine and tranny......But if you should wander away from here.......There is a lot of trash talking morons that come here spreading RUMORS to there delight, giggling like school kids on our replies.......I know that there is current problems with more to come hopefully minor......when I see a problem brought forth front here I like to read a resolve to it. If someone takes the time to post the problem HERE, have the decency to post when fixed or what became of the problem.......Till I do I feel it is BS........Especially when it is put forward half heartily.......Simple put, you can kinda tell........The answer to me is, you got to pay to type........This will wean it out considerable....... I look forward to your post's in the future ... Nice to have a tech on board......Thanks again....
MAC

hoot
04-26-2002, 07:11
Hey Mackin,

Notice over on FD.com the only thing they got going over there is about how our daytime running lights burn out prematurely? What an interesting topic ;) They probably wished that was all that went wrong with their trucks.

I guess it's quiet over there and they're drummin up some traffic.

schnier
04-26-2002, 10:12
Yes, like Durmax is spelled Duramax, if you worked on that many you would have to see all the side door emblems and know how to spell it. Come on?

Desert Diesel
04-26-2002, 11:10
schnier,

Please, don't be so quick to judge.

If you check willie's profile and view recent posts you will find that bearman can vouch for him.

Regards,

David

bearman
04-26-2002, 16:26
mechanicwillie is the tech that works on my truck all the time. In my books he is good enough at what he does that he can spell it any d@mn way he pleases. My spelling sucks to.
Cheers
Bear :rolleyes:

NutNbutGMC
04-26-2002, 19:16
^...Willie, You da' man running the front lines....If it works for you, it works for me.... Have a great weekend... smile.gif