PDA

View Full Version : JUICE AND DYNOMITE STACKING

PEANUTGRWR
04-25-2002, 22:30
IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THOUGHT OF THIS BUT ILL BE THE FIRST TO BRING IT UP HERE. HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF OR KNOW IF THE TWO BOXES (JUICE AND DYNOMITE) CAN BE STACKED AKA RAN AT THE SAME TIME. SINCE ONE CHANGES THE TIMING AND RAISES THE RAIL PRESSURE AND THE OTHER WIDENS THE PULSE WIDTH WHY WOULDNT THIS WORK YEA OR NEA?????? JUST A THOUGHT :D :D I KNOW IF THIS DID WORK THE ALLI WOULD NEED MAJOR UPGRADES BUT HELL WHEN YOUR THIS DEEP IN A TOY WHY NOT GO FOR IT ALL LOL OH YEA AND PROPANE COULD BE AN OPTION TOO I GUESS. BOY THAT WOULD LOOK GOOD ON THE SIG HUH PROPANE INJECTION, DNYOMITE BOX,JUICE BOX,AND A BOX OF BROKEN PARTS tongue.gif

stretch
04-26-2002, 03:29
I'm just guessing here but I think its a matter of being able to plug it in. Does the Dynomite and the Juice use the same connection point. I would think a PowerPlay/Bullydog with a Juice would definetly work well together - Increased pulse width and increased fuel pressure. I can't see the Allison being to pleased with that combo !!! :eek:

mackin
04-26-2002, 03:41
PEANUTGRWR,

Ha,

WITH THAT SET UP YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO SNAP YOUR STUDS WITH THOSE 285'S IN A 4X4 LAUNCH...... :eek:

WITH ALL THAT D-MAX POWER YOU'LL COULD CERTAINLY TURN "PEANUTS" INTO "PEANUT BUTTER" MIGHTY QUICK THERE BUDDY.......

MAC :D :D tongue.gif

PEANUTGRWR
04-26-2002, 06:53
IM NOT SURE HOW THE JUICE PLUGS IN OR WHERE. BUT IF IT DOES PLUG IN THE SAME PLACE THAT THE DYNOMITE ONE DOES I SUPPOSE YOU COULD RUN THEM IN SERIES WITH THE HARNESSES. I DOUBT I EVER TRY THIS BUT JUST CURIOUS IF IT COULD BE DONE. YEA THE 285'S WOULD SURELY GO UP IN SMOKE ALONG WITH NUMEROUS OTHER THINGS IF I TRIED THIS IM SURE LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kennedy
04-26-2002, 07:08
Increased pressure on top of pulse width is WICKED! If you thought your Dmax had power before...

I think in reality that what will happen is that two boxes plugged into the Can-Bus will make for a whole host of computer issues.

I do know for a fact (as evidenced by Desert Diesel's 70'+ double super dark blackies) that a reflash using pulse width will work dandy together, and as David said, roast through second, and likely third. Problem is 5th gear will not stand the combination, trust me, I know :D

mackin
04-26-2002, 07:43
PEANUTGRWR,

The pics of the JUICE I got shows you.....Look at the PICS it's a dead give away .It's the two major connection with the BALE locking device........The JUICE plugs into the OEM connections on the motor,then the OEM'S connect to the JUICE non BALE connections.......It's T*Ts to do..Way to simple.........
MAC :D :D
Now get one and make some SMOKE....... tongue.gif

I'll put a PIC up on my PICTURE TRAIL FOR YOU........Under JUICE

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

mark45678
04-26-2002, 17:25
how about the older power play and the juice box? one to raise the rail pressure and one to change timeing and pulse width......then add peanuts propane and bring you oven mits!!! hot metal parts are going to fly!!!!! Has anyone got a allison 1000 to hold big HP yet? what ever happend to the cure all valve body? is any one running it yet? Peanut is all up to you how fast can you afford to go? sub 13's in a 7000 lb truck COOL!!! :eek:

SoCalDMAX
04-26-2002, 22:08
Yes,

Power plug, propane and Juice... sounds like they would all work together. And of course you're all correct in saying that the Allison's 5th gear won't be able to handle all of that power. I don't know who would be willing to find out how much 1st thru 4th gear can take either.

mark45678,

According to the ATS web site, they now have a triple disc lockup torque convertor ($1,370), electronic lockup controller ($275) and valve body ($630). For a mere $2,275 plus shipping and installation, we can have a beefed up tranny. I hear that's actually pretty cheap, a rebuilt beefed up Ford tranny runs $3,400. (probably requires a lot more parts and labor to do it!)

I'm happy with mine for now... in 15 minutes, that's another story. ;)

Regards, Steve

Desert Diesel
04-26-2002, 23:10
SoCalDMAX,

You wouldn't happen to be able to explain to me what part of that $2275 will address 5th gear slipping would you?
Is it the valve body? or, does it have to be a combination of all 3?

I'm curious because, After having removed 3/16" of tread from my rear tires in the last week. This will be something I will need to address in the near future.

I'm a little gun shy here but, I will say that my current stacked set-up definitely makes more power than the allison can handle.

Regards,

David

Kennedy
04-27-2002, 07:43
I believe the key to be the 5th gear clutch assy. I believe 3rd also uses that clutch.

Ive been hoping someone else would be the guinnea pig here...

Interestingly DD, if you have a safe place to speed (yeah right) hit the module at about 85 mph. It seems the Allison has enough pressure then that it holds. It is like hitting a BIG nitrous system. Quite a rush!

I'll be enroute to the Fedex terminal shortly (missed truck yesterday) to pick up the ECM reflash part of my "stacking" project. I cannot wait as you saw firsthand what I HAD before, and now see what the requested changes resulted in. I am anxious to see this myself!

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
04-27-2002, 15:02
DD,

According to the ATS website, the valve body is what allows 5th gear to handle twice the added power over stock, 300hp vs 150hp.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other weak areas also, I just don't want to find out.

Regards, Steve

Desert Diesel
04-27-2002, 22:44
SoCalDMAX,

I believe the keywords here are "ATS website" who would've thunk it :rolleyes:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :D

Regards,

David