PDA

View Full Version : Buy Duramax Crate Engine & Manuals?

Devin Tornow
04-26-2002, 11:44
I am looking to buy a Duramax Crate engine w/ turbo & manifolds etc, Manual trans, California engine. Has anyone done this and have the part numbers and what is included?

Also looking for Service, Assembly manuals and other items to help with engine installation.

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: Devin Tornow ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
04-26-2002, 15:14
^...Devin, you smokin' that $h!t again??? Go buy a preassembled Duramax....Wheels and ALL... D@mn it boy... :D :D

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

mark45678
04-26-2002, 17:07
I think if you really have your heart set on getting one of these gems without the rest of the truck as a added bonus, you should look into getting one that is crashed hard from a auction. I have to think with GM getting over 5k for a 6.5 long block your looking at some really steep priceing for your wish list. sound lile you have something in mind? RACE TRUCK??? more power then a speeding locamotive, able to burn rubber at will! or just towing house sized trailers. ;)

GMC Dealer
04-26-2002, 18:14
Mackin
I have not heard anything about a Dmax in a Yukon XL. I have to say the market would be pretty slim though. You add a 5k diesel engine to a rig that costs nearly 49k,(loaded) and you have one pricy vehicle, Then add the quadrasteer and who will pay? I'll order them if people will pay but I think that most won't. As soon as I hear somthing I will post.

tonkater
04-26-2002, 21:53
theres a totaled d max on ebay - perhaps youcould start there on your d max dreams. Good luck !

DmaxMaverick
04-27-2002, 04:18
Simple solution....

Just build an order for a Duramax equipped truck and delete everything but the engine. Sounds too simple, huh? Theoretically, it should only cost you 4800 bucks and you don't have to deal with the parts counter. Now, that's a bargain.

More Power
04-27-2002, 11:43
I hope to have all of the pricing and availability for both the Duramax and the Allison in the new Duramax Power Project series.. However....

I've heard that a "drop-in" 6.6 will cost about $12K and that an Allison could cost as much as $6K.

Once you've spent that, you'll still need several thou for other stuff... (computers, wiring harness, rad, intercooler, and lots of other misc parts).

I've spoken to two people now who have purchased wrecked 6.6 trucks. The cost ranged from $7500 to $17,500.

MP

GMC Dealer
04-30-2002, 12:51
Right now all the LB7's go into the trucks. Once truck demand is met, they can stuff them into Yukon XL's. Truck demand is NOT being met. I have orders that haven't been picked up in months!! Also, now that the C4500/5500's are being produced, there are less engines for the light duty trucks and none for the Yukon XL's. DMAX LTD. can't make them fast enough. I just talked to my rep and he said maybe 2004, but you never know. As far as price goes, the demand is there.

Devin Tornow
05-14-2002, 09:19
I'm sitting on my 2001 4500 mile Duramax engine with computers, harness, radiator / aftercooler / A/C condensor! Bought minus the Allison. This was the most cost effective way to buy one. I am still searching for another & trying to track down the p/n for crate engine.

MANUALS were purchased from http://www.helminc.com/

Do not have the Wiring manuals avail & got 2001 truck books that have been very helpful.

djtornow@bwsys.net

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: Devin Tornow ]</p>