PDA

View Full Version : incorrect spelling

mechanicwillie
04-26-2002, 12:25
i do apologize for spelling DURAMAX wrong.i did not know that spelling was so important on this forum.
sounds like you have little trust in who i am.i am just trying to help in any way i can.
in hard to know people only by email.
if i do not know i don,t make a post.
for who it may concern i do hold a interprovincial journeyman certificate.i been a tech for 20 years all gm.i currently work at a gm garage in medicine hat alberta canada.
just for your info i have change 14 pumps 12 injectors.scince the DURAMAX has come out.
mechanicwillie@hotmail.com :cool:

AndrewF
04-26-2002, 12:47
Willie, your participation on this Forum is welcomed and appreciated. Your hands on experience will be very valuable to memebers going forward. Thanks for joining us and please add your experience to the wonderful pool of expertise on this site.

wizkid
04-26-2002, 13:35
Yes,
Speling is Very Impotent on this Forum.

We usetd to hav a spel cheker, but theey rebiult er
updatted dhe ssoftwera end now thee sspellig chexker is g0ne.

I wisj they wuold brung it back :D :D :D

NutNbutGMC
04-26-2002, 14:49
^...Wili, don't seweat the small stuff. We like having you aorund. No apologies neseccery ...... :D :D Jump in more oftun ....... You da' man runnin de gauntlet!!!!

bearman
04-26-2002, 16:30
Don't sweat it mechanicwillie, be in next week to see ya.
cheers
Bear :D :D

pushpole
04-26-2002, 18:13
Like you I spend most of my time reading and not posting. I really appreciate the input of this forums heavy lifters. Your input is welcome, don't let an occasional hyper-critical comment get to you. We are here to learn from other members mistakes, uhh, I mean experiences. ;)

hoot
04-26-2002, 19:31
Thanks Willie. Don't woory, nun of us kin spel.

14 pumps huh? I beleive GM has a pump problem. I've heard of fleets having multiple pump failures in my area.

mackin
04-26-2002, 21:00
I assure you if I didn't copy paste to my spell checker my post would be non read able........Everybody would be scratching there head.."What to hell is that word".......I spell like crap.......
MAC :D :D

SoCalDMAX
04-26-2002, 21:34
mechanicwillie,

I take great pains to spell everything correctly and write clearly so that I may be understood as I intended. ;)

On the other hand, I don't care how well anyone spells around here, I'm just interested in good info, and I'm very grateful that you're here with all of your experience. :D :D

MAC,

Spell check or no... I can't understand half of your posts...! All I've been able to figure out so far... is you've added some kinda juice... to your truck which is now... rapidly eating the rear tires off of it...

And I'm supposed to meet you somewhere called H.B. for drinks at Duke's... Give me a few days notice... to arrange a diversion for the cops and keep you out of the pokey while you do your fly by. ;)

Regards, Steve

Billy14
04-27-2002, 01:33
Mechanicwillie,

Having purchased my first diesel & being totally ignorant regarding the engine's characteristics, quirks, & benefits, I can't tell you how much I look forward to your posts & comments. You have helped me out many, many times.

The problem with Computers & Emails is you can't hear the tone of voice used, facial expressions, & other body language signs that tip us off to something said that has been unclear or misinterpreted by others. This can & will get us all into trouble at one time or another.

Keep it up buddy. I look forward to your future posts.

Billy

DmaxMaverick
04-27-2002, 03:31
mechanicwillie

Just end each sentance with "Eh" and you won't have any problem :D .

Spelling? No problem. IT'S THAT @#$% CAPS LOCK thing that grates me! I'll get over it, some day.

Don't sweat it. Keep on keepin' on!

Turbo Al
04-27-2002, 09:11
MechanicWillie: Some Members are a little touchy eh, due to some pretty blantent anti-Chevy posts & righty so eh. Don't worry about sppellingg just hang in here untill you have 1,000 or so posts eh then you may get general acceptance eh ;) :D
Welcome to the Forum eh
Turbo Al eh

P.S. DmaxMaverick, at least we know how to say roof & it's not ruf it's rooof ;)

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: Turbo Al ]</p>

imported_
04-27-2002, 09:35
Ditto, Eh

Welcomr to the forum, eh

Calgary
04-27-2002, 09:38
You're pretty optimistic Turbo Al - self appointed critics frequently see that as a 'lifetime' appointment.

Accomplished folks may have many credentials, but critics continue to search for those little flaws.

Let's face it - if they can't find something to critize, they have very little to say!

Yet, we should find it reassuring that 'critics', English majors and wordsmiths all have selected a Duramax as their truck of choice. ;) ;)

Road Kill
04-27-2002, 11:18
Glad your on the forum M.W. Some of us know little but can learn from your input. Spelling is not a big thing. I would much rather know what I am talking about then be able to spell it. My wife is my spell check. lol :D

YZF1R
04-27-2002, 11:45
M.W. - Glad to have you here! You don't want to know how many times I catch myself spelling "Diesel" "Deisel". It must be a mental block or something. ;)

NutNbutGMC
04-27-2002, 17:58
^...Willie, I think you have a following, fan club... We luvs ya' man... :D :D

DSLPOWR
04-27-2002, 19:32
Happy to have you here MW, don't let what others post get you down, you are an asset to the forum! Spelling don't bother me either, it's the CAPS that get annoying. :mad:

NutNbutGMC
04-27-2002, 20:03
^...The caps speak for themselves. I think is stems back to the very early childhood phase.

DmaxMaverick
04-28-2002, 02:26
LMAO!! Turbo Al

Had a rooof....It leaked. The ruf doesn't. I also catch more fish out of the crik than the creek. Go figure eh! :D

Turbo Al
04-28-2002, 07:46
:D

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: Turbo Al ]</p>

Turbo Al
04-28-2002, 07:46
:D

Black Dog
04-29-2002, 06:21
Hey Mechanicwille, how many Dmax trucks do you service? Trying to get an idea of what percentage have had injection pumps replaced. I know that the high pressure pump is one of the trickiest parts of a direct injected diesel to perfect, but I also believe that the Bosch pumps used on these trucks are the best design out there. Maybe there are more problems in cold weather?

bearman
04-29-2002, 16:55
Well, I know he changed the pump in my 01.
Cheers
Bear

schnier
05-01-2002, 08:19
I am sorry for the whole spelling issue. Some get sick of people coming over here and bashing the Duramax. If GM sold 100,000 trucks then you would have to replace 1,000 pumps to even be 1% percent of them with problems. 100,000 trucks with bad injectors x 8 would be 800,000 injectors you would have to replace 8,000 to be 1% percent. I think it is a pretty solid truck with very few problems except one or two here or there. I have had mine serviced 2 times in 1.5 years. With my F**d it was serviced 9 times in 1.5 years. Chevy rocks and I think I got a good one this time. Please accept my apology.