PDA

View Full Version : aux fuel tank for 2005

MarkT2
06-22-2005, 15:47
Firstly, I just traded in the 01 3500 for a 05 3500, couldn't pass up the great deal! In regards to the 05, Does any body know where the over flow hose(5/8) goes to from the fuel filler neck? It looks like it runs to the Main tank where the fule lines go in. Does this just dump into the main tank? My 01 duramax had a different fuel filler set up. It had no over flow line exposed, I beleive it was all part of the main filler line, with the plastic pipe inside the rubber hose. I had drilled and tapped my old filler kneck and installed a 3/8" hose from the aux tank to main filler neck and let gravity to the work. I never had any problems with this set up. My question is can I just cut the 5/8" over flow hose and install a T to attatch my 3/8 aux line to? Or is this going to cause some problems with how the fuel gets into the main tank via the over flow hose?

tanker
06-23-2005, 00:46
Mark, Transfer-Flow has a tee fitting adapter that installs in the 2" hose with 2 barbed nipples, one for fill, and one for venting to your aux tank. Not sure if they will sell this for someone elses tank. Thats what I used for my tank. I suppose you could use the vent line, but you should also be vented. I would not want to fill any tank without a vent. Yes the cap is vented to a point, but I would be cautious. :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------

Moved to the 2500HD/3500 Accessories forum... smile.gif

[ 06-23-2005, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: jbplock ]