PDA

View Full Version : Diablo in an 03'

Burner
06-04-2003, 22:28
For all of you that have or will install a Devil.

I got my Devil via~ JK two days ago. I did the first install without removing a single fuse and had not one problem. Well, on a 100 mile trip home I set off a P0016 code. I did not know what that code ment so I droped the Devil and restored the natural version. Before I started back up the code reset. I thouhgt that I had a bug or something so I primed to install the devils "performance" back in the truck. While I was "reloading" On-Star hit my truck. I lost my XM radio because I did not pull all of those fuses. My XM is back up and I have found the thorn in my side. Before I installed the Devil I pulled the "plug-in" harness by my left foot. Just take the cover off and pull the plug with the most wires on bottom right section. This seems to be the smoothest way to get the program in "without" yanking a bunch of fuses. ;)

Burner------->

RWTD
06-05-2003, 23:11
Originally posted by Burner:
Well, on a 100 mile trip home I set off a P0016 code.Hmmm, I do not find that code for GM either, but my info. may not be updated totally. Strange. Are you sure you noted it correctly? Next time you get this click on the code and it will display the definition directly on the screen for you.

Burner
06-06-2003, 00:06
James,

I don't think my predator is working properly. Every time I hti "95" MPH it just floats. I have set the limmit and no go? I went back to stock and loaded it again, still nothing but 95. I tired it again and it just won't except it? I'm getting some kind of error. My truck seems kinda jumpy while in crusie mode. Send me an e-mail with your number in it. I had rather clear this up quickly with you or John than call YeuoHon. (sp?)

- On 100 HP setting my unloaded truck managed 14.5 MPG, 100 miles of backroads and 160 miles of Innerstate all averging 50MPH according to the GPS moving AVG. GARMIN Vista tongue.gif

- G-tech on stock was 243
- G-tech on 100 HP 343 I used a low brake torque takeoff.
- G-tech on stock after "reset" 253 HP
- G-tech on 100 HP no power brake 326 HP

Burner------> :D

RWTD
06-06-2003, 00:30
Originally posted by Burner:
James,

I don't think my predator is working properly. Every time I hti "95" MPH it just floats. I have set the limmit and no go? I went back to stock and loaded it again, still nothing but 95. I tired it again and it just won't except it? I'm getting some kind of error.Apparently you're not getting the tune in properly. I tested an '03 today and had over 100 mph on the interstate no problemo.

What "exact" error are you getting, please?

Let's do this, disable OnStar as stated in the manual (or your method may work, possibly?). Go to "Tune It, Modify Performance, Reset Parameters". Now go to "Set Parameters, choose whichever power tune, Speed Limit, move to 125, Escape out, make any other adjustments to the other parameters as needed, Escape out fully until it asks you if you want to install the modified performance file, and then hit Enter." It will upload the file to the vehicle, and it should complete 100%, ask you to cycle the key, etc. If it completes 100% and goes back to the main "Tune It" screen, then the tune took hold properly.

Not that it matters in this particular situation, but if your manual is the newest version (what color is your Predator, black, old casing, or teal/green, newest casing), on page 5, it should state:

Note: Some vehicles may require the key to be turned "OFF" then back "ON" after the 10sec countdown, if the "communicating" message is displayed for more than 30 sec.
My truck seems kinda jumpy while in crusie mode.How often has it been doing this? Did you allow enough drive cycles to complete for the adaptive strategies of the pcm to fully relearn? It seems that you've been pulling the tunes in/out, so that may be the problem here.

Send me an e-mail with your number in it. I had rather clear this up quickly with you or John than call YeuoHon. (sp?)Email sent! BTW, it's "Johan", hehe, but that's all cool ;)

Regards...

[ 06-06-2003, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil ]

Burner
06-06-2003, 00:35
Thanks James!!!

---- I can see that you are a late Owl like myself. :D

Burner-----> :D

------> Please send the information to--> Twomuchplay@AOL.com

RWTD
06-06-2003, 00:40
Man, you ain't kiddin'! I haven't been able to get to bed before midnight in probably 2 weeks. I used to go to bed everynight around 11pm :-\

Hey, I edited my post a lil above, namely adding in what type of error problem you are getting exactly, and a couple of other lil nicknacks.

If you feel like playing with your truck for a few, and are up to a late night talk, call me now, but please try to call by 2:30am, as I'm going to put my butt in the bed by then.

If not, that's cool and I will talk to you tomorrow. One thing you can do after the tune is done uploading and you've followed all the above steps, is to go back to "Tune It, Modify Performance, View Parameters", then click on "Speed Limit" and see what it says. If it says 125, that's what it has programmed in there.

Regards...

Burner
06-06-2003, 00:51
Phone will ring within 15 minutes.

Burner------> :D

DMAX Daddy
06-06-2003, 01:19
I was looking at the PDF file on the website on how to change the upper MPH setting but didnt see how. Was this something added later?

Trying to follow you conversation as I am interested in a Predator smile.gif

*EDIT*
Since I came back from Guam Ive been sleeping 3 hours a day. Im all over this night owl stuff til I finally pass out! :eek:

orange2
06-06-2003, 02:13
Hey James, I couldn't be happier with the 1.04 version, no problems, Dad can't believe how it pulls and smokes!! I friggin luv it. Get that cobra screaming yet? Hope you guys having trouble get them worked out, now where is my 150hp program for those special occasions?!!! Truck pulls, got to represent properly!!

RWTD
06-06-2003, 15:12
Originally posted by DMAX Daddy:
I was looking at the PDF file on the website on how to change the upper MPH setting but didnt see how. Was this something added later?

Trying to follow you conversation as I am interested in a Predator smile.gif Yeah, the manual has been updated to show such. I'll have a new .pdf of it next week, and will put it on the site (and hopefully DiabloSport will, too).

*EDIT*
Since I came back from Guam Ive been sleeping 3 hours a day. Im all over this night owl stuff til I finally pass out! :eek: Burner owes me a something, I just ain't figured it out yet. I passed out on the phone with him a couple of times last night A.M. lol!

Originally posted by orange2:
Hey James, I couldn't be happier with the 1.04 version, no problems, Dad can't believe how it pulls and smokes!! I friggin luv it. Get that cobra screaming yet? Hope you guys having trouble get them worked out, now where is my 150hp program for those special occasions?!!! Truck pulls, got to represent properly!! "represent"! hahaha, love it! Word up! :D

You showed good ole dad how to powershift and smoke 4th gear, yet?