PDA

View Full Version : K & N Aircharger System

gregmican
04-26-2002, 22:00
I just ordered the intake system for my 02' Duramax. Is there anyone that has installed one on their truck? If so, do you like it? How does it sound? Any notice difference in power or miles per gallon? Any pro's or con's? I ordered it from my local Orielly Auto parts store for $221 + tax.

mackin
04-27-2002, 05:05
Oh,OH........

Here we go again........ :rolleyes:
You just opened a can of worms on fishing day......And everyone else forgot bait......... :D :D
If you would like way more reading on this "AIR CLEANER WAR"then what is written on the entire gang ridden lavatory stalls in the LAX airport.....USE the search feature up above........ :D :D
MAC

2DAMAX
04-27-2002, 07:51
Gregmican:
I have run the K-N for 2 months now and love It.Pickup is Alot better,I run with the outerwear sock on mine and it seems to work very well.K-N makes a good product,Dont let the K-N basher's get to you.Its just like picking fly sh** out of pepper.And who has time for that?Just put it on go you will like it. :eek:

stevem
04-27-2002, 15:41
gregmican.
I installed the K+N Aircharger a few weeks ago.

Throttle responce is better and the turbo whine is nice and LOUD. smile.gif smile.gif

Check out the topic that I started on the K+N. The last post on the topic was on 4-15-2002.

See pix at www.picturetrail.com/stevem.

Steve.

RWHP
04-28-2002, 19:44
K&N makes a great product and always has, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. If they do then you should not be listening to that person, since he/she obviously does not have a clue.

Their airbox for the DMAX fits well and sounds great, as for power I dont believe in how it feels when we get actualy dyno results that will be the test.

K&N filters have always been a great product which filters as good as or better than stock. I have been running K&N's for 12 years now in race cars and street cars, and never has there been any type of filtration problem. Considering everything besides 1 car that I have done was or is turbo charged, that is saying alot for K&N.

The filters you have to watch out for are HKS powerflow type, now those will let alot of crap through.

pullinpower
04-29-2002, 05:43
I put the aircharger intake kit on mine a few weeks ago and love it,just put and outerwear over the filter and seems to be doing the job well.My mpg went up and I did notice a nice power increase and the turbo never sounded so sweet.I love mine.